Seventeen || Brylan

He ended up making breakfast wraps and they're so good it should be criminal

He ended up making breakfast wraps and they're so good it should be criminal. I knew Damon was a good cook but I hadn't eaten enough of his foods to make an honest judgement. I've just always trusted what other people say about it. Taking another bite, it's almost gone when the lady comes to my table with the coffee I ordered. Thanking he I pick up and pour in one of the sugars that she had handed me.

Ripping open my second sugar sachet I pour it into the coffeé. Vanilla latte - two pumps of caramel, one sixth frothed milk, with an extra shot of espresso. There isn't a day I don't order the same drink any time I go to any form of coffee shop.

It's always been good but I didn't know it could taste this good. I'm on my second one now and I promised myself I would stop after this one.

Currently I'm sat in a coffee shop that Damon suggested for me to go whilst he was at a training session. He didn't want me to stay in his apartment all day since I've never been to Los Angeles before. I'm glad I decided to go because my Jesus. I wish a store like this would open up back at home.

Picking up the mug I go to take a sip before freezing when I see the door swing open. Cursing under my breath when I see Tegan and Sophia. I'm actually quite fond of Tegan. She's genuinely one of the sweetest and funniest people I've met here but I don't think that'll hold up. The two of them are close. Her and Sophia. Obviously Sophia doesn't like me so maybe Tegan doesn't like me anymore.

Keeping my head down, I glue my eyes to my phone. Shooting Damon a text he doesn't respond which is as expected. He used to complain about how strict trainings were so I doubt they'd let him casually scroll through his phone during it. I'll have to wait till it's done to get a response which is almost an hour from now.

A few moments later my attention is switched from my phone to the noise of two disposable cups hitting the table. Taking a shallow breath I try to pretend as if I hadn't heard a thing. Deciding that's not the best idea it's a little harder to ignore the chairs being dragged over to the table.

'Heyyy.' I clear my voice before slowly looking up to the two girls. Taken aback when I make eye contact with the two of them. It only now occurs to me how beautiful they actually are. I saw them at the party of course but the flashing lights made it pretty hard to see their faces.

Sophia is blonde of course. I've seen photos of her but she was certainly blessed in the physical department. Slightly slanted dark brown eyes, she's currently wearing mascara. Though I doubt she needs it to look good, it seems like an accessory for her. Fuck. Now I'm feeling self conscious. Choosing not to do a double take on Tegan, Sophia already totaled my self esteem.

'What's up girl.' Tegan seems friendly enough so I look up at her. Instant regret. Her hair is up in a ponytail and it's being held in place with a clawclip. She's wearing a hoodie with LS written on her left boob. I would've assumed it was her own if the lower back didn't say UCLA MENS SOCCER TEAM.

'Hi Tegan.' I can't help but notice how throaty my voice sounds. 'Hey Sophia.' Tegan smiles at my greeting. Sophia does not.

'How are you liking the coffee?' Tegan asks. 'It's a pretty popular place with UCLA students who want to study off campus.'

Feeling stupid. I should've taken my coffee to go. Of course they would like this place. They're Damon's friends. How many times would they have comes in here together? It would've been smarter if I went elsewhere with my coffee but I wanted the scenery for some unfathomable reason.

'Yeah it's actually pretty good. I got a vanilla latte.' I shift in my seat.

'Oh! My go to is the caramel latte.' Tegan shakes her take away cup. Feeling myself calm down a bit, it's only now occurred to me how silent Sophia is being when neither me or Tegan speaks after a bit.

'Teag. Can you wait in the car? I want to talk to her for a little bit.' Sophia's tone is stern. It's so different from how she was speaking to me at her party.

Looking over to Tegan she looks over to me. Please don't go. Please don't go. Please don't go- 'yeah sure I'll sit in the car and wait for you.' Fuck.

Once Tegan leaves I watch as the blank stare Sophia had been giving me fade to absolute frustration. 'So what's you're deal?'

'I'm sorry?' I pick up my drink and take a long sip of that shit because I'll sure as hell need it. 'If this is about last night I really didn't have a lot to say—'

'You didn't have a lot of say?' She almost laughs at my defense. 'Yeah. He made sure to refer to how I was upsetting you because of me and his friendship. What the fuck? Have I ever crossed a sexual line with your boyfriend?'

Not knowing what to say. I'm not really sure what exactly went down in her apartment. All I know is he said something that upset her because Tegan said so on the phone with Damon.

'I asked you a question Brylan. Have I ever touched your boyfriend? Have you seen footage or me kissing him? Touching him provocatively? Anything like that?' She seems royally pissed. 'Or where you just jealous that your boyfriend was getting along with another girl. Maybe even preferring her.'

Ouch. That last sentence felt as if a knife was being slowly dug into my skin. 'Look. Brylan. I have know about you for a while and I have respected that. Frankly I wanted to save time and I thought telling you that no one knows you would get you to leave so I'm a little shocked you're still here.'

Slowly dropping my mouth I take a sharp breath. She knew who I was this whole time? No scratch that. She purposely told me she didn't because she wanted to cut me out. Oh my fucking god. She wants to cut me out.

'I'm sorry. What.' I worry I may have misunderstood her.

'You're making things difficult. I didn't invest my time into Damon just for you to fuck it up.' She lowers her voice. 'The moment you leave back to your little high-school, things will brush over and revert back to normal. If I where you then I'd save yourself the time and get with someone else who's closer to you in distance.'

'What the fuck are you talking about.' I scrunch my eyebrows. Was that a threat of some sort? I'm two seconds away from clawing her eyes out.

'What the fuck am I talking about? Does it even occur to you how many girls lust over your pretty little boyfriend? I spent months trying to pin him down when he was still new because I knew that shit would happen the moment I saw him.' She sounds angry. 'So I fucking thought ahead. Guess what? It worked in my favor until you started opening your mouth. Now I've got to start over from scratch with him but this time there's a brick wall I need to break down and it's you. I'm not going to let you destroy the path I've been on with him. I was so close to getting him.'

'If you really think shoving me to the side was a good idea then honest you god you know nothing. I don't even know why you bother with him when he's so far away all the time. If you were here you'd know that I was the only thing stopping other girls from trying to get his hands on their body.' She hisses. 'So good luck dealing with that because you've just ruined it. If it's not me then it's going to be someone else. They'll always be a girl standing in the way between you and him because—as long as you're across the country—you can't do Jack shit.'

My heart is racing out of my chest but certainly not in the good way. I feel like any seconds from now it's going to be ripped out. Never mind I feel as if it's being stepped on right in front of me because I don't know what to say to her.

Laughing under her breath when I don't give her a response she picks up her to go cup before leaving.