Prom night truth : Mavis Gary

Mavis stepped into the busy bar and quickly moved to the front to order.

Looking around, she spotted a seemingly familiar face from high school. Interested, she walked over after ordering a drink.

As she got closer, she watched the woman look around, her eyes landing on the author.

"Mavis Gary?"

Mavis' eyes widened.

"Y/n Y/l/n?" Y/n nodded and stood up.

Back in the day, Y/n and Mavis were opposites.

Mavis was the popular girl, dating a jock. Lots of friends etc. Y/n was shy, not alot of friends. Only one.

Mavis.

Somehow, these two as young girls were inseparable. If anyone saw Y/n chances are Mavis was close behind.

Back in the present, Mavis and Y/n began to talk just like old times.

Mavis even told her friend the truth of her life, and how it hadn't gone very well. Y/n listened, speaking every so often.

After a while, Y/n and Mavis went for a walk around their hometown.

As they walked, the former prom queen shivered. Y/n took of her jacket and gently wrapped it around the woman.

"You want to know something Mav?"

"Sure, what is it?"

They continued walking, the y/h/c looked down, feeling shy.

The blonde smiled, seeing the same girl from school.

"I wanted to ask you to prom back in the day. But Buddy beat me to the punch."

The blonde stopped walking.

"Why didn't you?"

Y/n turned to her friend, confused.

"Sorry?"

"Why didn't you, ask me that is?"

Y/n blew out some air.

"Fffft oh, um.. well you were in a relationship at the time, I was just the friend and not popular."

"I would have gone with you, you know that right?"

Y/n laughed a little, shaking her head.

"Is that why you didn't go?"

"A little, but its the past now."

Mavis walked up to her friend. "And what if I asked you to come back to Minneapolis with me, and go on a date with me. What would you say to that?"

Y/n's jaw dropped. But she quickly answered.

"I would say sure."

Mavis squealed and jumped up slightly, wrapping an arm around Y/n's waist. Y/n smiled and wrapped her arm over the author's shoulder, walking through the town.