Choose ; Mary Embrey

Based on request by M_T_L_R

4. B.C,

Y/n and Mary stood on a large mountain top looking over the large desert landscape.

Mary smiled with her eyes closed, wind blowing gently.

Y/n stared at her, heart raising as she watched how grateful the Angel was.

She had loved her, for as long as the world had been around. Even God knew of the woman's love for one of his greatest creations.

Y/n had been building the confidence to finally tell her, and today was the day.

"Mary, I have something I must confess.." She spoke, not wanting to spook her friend.

Mary looked over and smiled brightly, eyes filled with light.

"Yes my dearest?"

Y/n took a deep breath. "I must confess, that I am inlove with you Mary.."

Mary felt her heart stop. Eyes widening slightly. She felt fear fill her body, as well as love. But she acted on the fear.

"Y/n... I'm sorry, but Hancock and I.. we are to be married .."

The long haired y/h/c woman's heart broke. Her perfect world, crashed at her feet.

"Oh.. well... I am happy for you Mary, I am truly happy for you" She smiled, her body filling with more pain. But, she hugged her friend.. knowing it would most likely be their last hug.

Mary hugged her back, a small smile on her lips. Happy that even with this marriage, she would still have her friend.

What she didn't expect was that as she and Hancock spent years married, Y/n had chosen to disappear into the night sky. Never to be seen again.

When the two awoke one day, Mary went to find her friend. Only to find an empty little hut like house, vacant of any life.. and no note.
_________________________________

As the thousands of years went by, Mary looked for her friend. But to no luck. So, she reluctantly went on with life with Hancock.

All until she lost him aswell in 1928 when he lost his memories, leaving her to live alone.

Fast forward 80 more years, to 2008.

As the blonde walked through the streets of L.A, not paying much mind to the people passing her, She swore she heard a familiar voice.

Looking around through her black sunglasses, she spotted a woman with short silver hair talking on a phone.

Y/n.

Mary's eyes widened, anger slowly filling her body. She began to speedwalk towards her friend.

"Y/n!" She called out. The silver haired woman looked up, eyes widening before she quickly turned and began walking away.

"Hey! Don't you dare walk away from me asshole!"

But Y/n didnt listen. Angered even more, Mary grabbed a black, parked mini Cooper and threw it into Y/n's back.

People around screamed, running around and away from the scene. But Y/n stopped once the car hit her back like a bug hitting a windscreen.

She slowly turned, shock in her eyes.

"Did you just-" she looked and saw the totalled car in its side.

Rather than answer, Mary grabbed a lamp pole and swung it, sending Y/n flying into the display window of a toy store.

Y/n groaned, getting up and out of the building. The blonde stormed over, but before she could continue her assault, Y/n shot towards her and flew up.

"Let go of me you bastard!"

"Would you stop for a second?! Jesus christ!"

Y/n soon landed away from any large population on the top of a hill looking over the city.

Mary continued to hit the woman, getting out her thousands of years worth of anger while Y/n just took it.

"Why did you leave!" She screamed.

Y/n sighed, rubbing her eyes. But she didn't answer.

"WHY!!" She screamed louder.

Y/n looked up, and shook her head.

"I don't have to tell you anything Mary" she said, walking away.

"Tell me! You don't get to just leave me again! I deserve to know why!"

Annoyed, Y/n turned fast.

"Because I love you! I love you, and I told you! But you still chose Hancock! It hurt to watch the woman I love choose someone else, and love someone else! That is why I left!"

Mary's breath caught in her throat, her world stopping. She realised that it was now or never, to tell her truth.

"I didn't choose him.. because I loved him. I was just scared! I didn't want to hurt you or lose you if we didn't work out.. but I lost you and hurt you without meaning to anyway..."

Y/n frowned, stepping forward. "What are you saying, Mary?"

Mary stepped forward aswell. "I'm saying I love you too! I always have.."