Jealousy: Elaine Markinson

Y/n crossed her arms as she looked at her fiancée. Tension filling the room.

"You've been distant lately El."

Elaine had her legs up on her desk, just staring. She rolled her eyes at Y/n.

"I've been busy." She answered matter of factly.

The y/h/c woman laughed humourlessly and shook her head.

"Yeah.. busy. You mean busy as a Nigerian man YOU hired is dragged across mexico scared shitless on a drug deal YOU made! All you're doing is sitting on your fucking ass!"

Elaine slammed her fists onto her desk, standing up and glaring at her soon to be wife.

"You don't know shit Y/n! Nothing! Richard and I-"

Y/n threw her hands up and laughed, tears in her eyes.

"Of course you bring that man up! Richard this! Richard that! If you want his so fucking much, go cry to him! If you want Richard sooooo much.."

The tearful woman stormed up to Elaine's desk, pulling her ring off and slammed it down.

"Marry him instead. I'm fucking done."

Pulling back, Y/n let her tears fall before leaving the office. Elaine stood alone, shocked.

She looked at the ring that glared back at her.

"Fuck..Y/n!!"

Elaine grabbed the ring before running out after the woman.

By the time she caught up, Y/n was half way to her car.

"Y/N!" The woman stopped walking, but didn't look to the blonde.

Elaine rushed over and turned her. She was greeted by the tear stained face and sad eyes of the love of her life.

"I don't want Richard. I want his business, not him. But I want you more then anything ok? I'm sorry I've been a terrible partner. I only want you ok?"

Y/n sniffled, shaking her head gently.

"I never see you anymore Elaine.. you leave early, come home late and still, you never seem to want to spend even a minute with me anymore.. it hurts."

Tears welled up in the blonde's eyes as she fully took in her neglect of the woman she wanted to marry.

"I'm so..so fucking sorry baby.. I'll take time off. We can go wherever you want! Just us ok? No work. No Richard at all ok?"

The co- ceo held Y/n's shoulders, ring still in hand.

Y/n gave a sad smile.

"Promise?" Elaine nodded, sliding the ring back onto Y/n's hand.

"I promise"