part 39 - N

Fitz is now covering Eli, helping us get through all the debate topics.

"Next, monarchies should end.." Fitz said, looking at me, "be very careful now, what you say will and can affect your future and the family's"

"On what grounds? Why would they want the monarch to end and what should we switch to? Democratic?" Elena argued. 

"A lot of aspects, morality, equality, cultures, sentiments  toward the royals..." I said

"If that's the case, I think we would have to do an extensive research from our colonial times, show them the amount of growth the family has contributed towards the society, the economics and all the positive increment of the country. I think that would cover the big part of it.." Elena answered. 

"It doesn't really answer the question though.." Fitz said

"I mean, if we showed them the positive growth throughout the years Nic's family has been in the monarch, what would be the valid reason they would want to end the monarch?" Elena added

I nodded, "Its such a precarious topic, I don't think it will be asked publicly" 

"Alright," Fitz agreed, "Next, there should be a comparable ratio of female to male workers"

Elena took a deep breathe and asked, "Do we have a data on how much female workers are paid vs males?" 

Fitz went through some documents in the documents and answered, "Overall, males are paid 3% more than female" 

"Its really not a huge percentage to be argued" Elena sighed again while looking at data, "On all the white collar jobs, female are paid as equal as male, meanwhile on blue collar works, males are paid 37% more than female. The question is, do females want to work on these kind of jobs? Construction for example." 

"Who the fuck made these debate and how are you not in college?" Fitz asked. 

"I don't think that with the skill she has now, she needs to be in college" I praised Elena, "You know what, I'm calling off everything. I'll head back to the castle and asked my parents to call it off. I will not marry Anastasia, I will not continue with this debate and if they do not grant me it, then I'll resign as a royalty" 

"You can't do that.." Fitz challenged. 

"I have to try somehow" I said. 

I kissed Elena's forehead and drive back to the castle. Little did they know, I secretly record the entire practice. I wish my plan will go well. 

As I arrived in the castle, I quickly head to the working area where my parents are. I see Anastasia reading some books and my parents discussing things. 

"Nicholas." My mother greeted.

"Mother, Father" I greeted back and only looked at Anastasia, "I'm calling off the debate, the competition and I will not mary her"

"Not approved," Mother simply said.

"Well, if you continue with the debate, we'll only make a fool of ourselves. "

"Nicholas.. " Father cuts me

"Listen, " I demanded, while holding out a finger and pressed play on the recording.

Mother & father stayed silent the whole time they listened to the recording. Elena is inteligent. I'm confident.

"See how we'll only make fun of ourselves if we continue? " I said once the recording ends.

"We'll just have Daniel change the debate topics" Father suggested.

"And then what? My point is father, with all due respect, those girls you've chosen are no better than Elena, you've listened to her points, she knows well"

"You will not marry that prostitute" Mother said

"Which you made legal" I argued, "then I will not marry"

"Nicholas!" Father scolded.

"It is how it is father. Elena, or no marriage, feel free to find other suitors as a king who will continue this lineage" I gave them the ultimatum and stand in silence.

"Alright" Father defeated.

"Charles! " mother disagreed

"He has a point Nora" Father argued, "pack your bags Anastasia. You're no longer needed in the castle"

"Your majesty... " Anastasia stunned.

"You. Find a way so that Elena's favored in the public's eye. " Father said.

I then thanked my father, walking away.