Chapter 7

Camilla's POV

- 3 weeks later -

Antonio: Hesitation will cost you, your life. Again!

I spit some blood and struggle to stand up as Antonio circles me. Sweat running down his forehead but other than that there are no signs of him being tired.

Camilla: I can't! That's the hardest I can hit!

I finally stand up wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. The man only arches an eyebrow at me and shrugs his shoulders.

Antonio: Then you are already dead.

He takes a fighting position and attacks me without a warning. I don't know if it's instinct or just I saw it coming! I bend down avoiding his punch while I kick his ankle making him stumble with a grunt.

I take a step backwards placing my fists in front of my face as he taught me and when he finds his balance again he nods approvingly.

Antonio: At least you learnt something.

Camilla: I learnt more than that!

I head towards him ready to punch his face and ribs at the same time but he simply uses my speed to stop me taking a step aside throwing me off balance before I find myself on the ground and he on top of me blocking both my hands from moving with his knees.

Camilla: What the hell Antonio!

Antonio: I could easily break your arm from that position.

I stay still. I don't speak.

Antonio: You have learned the defensive position but that won't be enough if someone attacks you. When you kicked my ankle you had the upper hand. You had to finish the job then. But instead you let me regain my balance. Fatal mistake.

He stands up letting me go before he extends his hand to help me up but I slap it away standing on my own.

Camilla: This is bullshit! Physical strength is obviously not my thing!

Antonio: You are probably right but if you want to survive you should learn at least the basics and with that mindset, you are only making it difficult to yourself.

He lights a cigarette as he always does after every training session and sits down on a chair out of the ring. I grab a towel wiping the sweat from my face and body while I'm still panting. My whole body hurts and the anger inside me only fuels that damn tension!

It's been three weeks! Three weeks that I've been caged into that golden prison! I had no communication with anyone but the Angelinnis and the Biancis! Matteo ordered Antonio to train me in self defense and the man took it way too seriously! He is not going easy on me and I know for a fact I don't have a say in it! The first week of training has been hell, but I can't deny I learnt a thing or two. And yet this isn't for me...I am falling behind at school and I doubt I'll ever return.

And Giovanni? *sighs* He has no idea where I am. I bet he can only assume. I can't reach out to him or anyone else. My only actual company is Juliana. She visits two or three times a week and now she's preparing for her wedding and she's trying to convince me to help her! Ha! Ridiculous isn't it?! The first three days I would cry myself to sleep...I was living a life someone else controlled- completely! Matteo was the puppeteer and I his unwilling puppet.