Chapter 29

Camilla's POV

Camilla's POV

-5 months ago-

Camilla: Why did you do it?

Matteo: I'm not going to discuss this now.

I slam my fist on the table ignoring the pain and focusing on my husband who jerks his head to face me with a dark expression.

Camilla: Yes you are. Why did you throw heroine on the market Matteo?

He fasten the belt with his guns and run a hand through his hair lazily almost as if I'm bothering him by asking.

Matteo: You know why. We need that extra money if we are going to expand to the US as planned. I am doing this under the Council's nose. It's not easy but it's not exactly wrong. I'm only covering for Mario like he asked me to six years ago. The market is changing and we have to adapt.

He speaks calmly and emotionlessly. He didn't ask for my opinion even though he knows I'm the one who can value the risks and opportunities of a proposal like that. The same one he declined six years ago for my sake. I thought back then that I have beat Erica in her own game, that I have proved her wrong. Only to find out I did not. Elena married Mario and the power the woman had over him was scary.

Only Erica's plan has backfired on her as well. Mario never saved his sister. He only turned a blind eye to what was known to the rest of us, that Christian was screwing Elena. I never dared to underestimate that woman and her wits and the fact that my husband fell for the plan she had all along, only proves to me how dangerous of a threat she is!

Camilla: You are risking what you have built so far, do you understand that?

He ignores me and I can feel the blood pumping in my veins. I walk to him blocking his way only to meet his bloodshot eyes.

Camilla: What else do you want Matteo? We do have everything! The only thing we need now is to maintain it! And you are putting it at risk! It doesn't make sense!

He grabs my arm pushing me against the wall and when I lift my hand up he catches it midair placing my wrist next to my head. His breath only inches from mine and the face that under different circumstances I would want anywhere but between my legs now was causing me the urge to slap it.

Matteo: You can hate the idea or you can love it. It doesn't change anything because it makes sense since it's making us money!

Camilla: She convinced you that this is true. We both know it's unnecessary.

My tone is harsh and he frowns before he leans in closer.