Chapter 11

Camilla's POV

Juliana: So this is it?

Juliana stands before one of the most elegant wedding dresses I've ever laid eyes on.

Camilla: Wow! Juliana this is- a royal dress! I mean look at the sparkle, the cut, the detail! And that silk cape

Camilla: Wow! Juliana this is- a royal dress! I mean look at the sparkle, the cut, the detail! And that silk cape... you'd be stunning!

She smiles shyly at me and nods. Before she glances at her aunt talking with an employee here.

Juliana: Erica insisted I take this one. She said it's a powerful dress and to be honest it makes me feel like some kind of queen wearing it...but I am not sure it's worth it.

There is a shadow of sadness in her eyes, one that's not at all suited for a bride to be.

Camilla: Is there a reason for you to say that?

Juliana: Just a factor that nobody but me finds important! I've never even met the groom.

Camilla: Never?!

Juliana: Technically I had. But we didn't even exchange a word. He saw me, he asked for my hand and my brother would gladly get rid of me and seal a deal with one of the most important drug lords in the country.

I recall the name of the man that Juliana only once mentioned a week or so ago.

Camilla: Christian?

Juliana: That's right. Christian Conte. He has a name for being much like my brother and cousin.

Camilla: Meaning?

Juliana: Soulless. Only caring for his fame and money.

Soulless is the word that made me think of Matteo. That's what I thought of him in the beginning. But the more time I spend with him the more I consider myself wrong. How can a soulless man be so passionate when he touches me? How can such a cruel creature be so gentle when he got scared something happened to me? Then again...he was the cause of my fainting and not only.

Camilla: Why did you accept it then?

She looked at me almost like I've made the most obvious yet silly question ever.

Juliana: From the day my parents died I knew something like that was on meant to happen to me. It's inevitable.

Erica: What are you talking about my girls?!