Chapter 13

Camilla's POV

Antonio: Do you remember everything we said?

Camilla: Yes. Do you want me to demonstrate it again?

Antonio grabs a towel to wipe the sweat of his forehead looking at me as if he is debating his answer.

Antonio: No, I think you'll be just fine.

Camilla: I am not an expert at shooting or anything but I think we've established I know by now basic self defense.

Antonio: You do. I am more concerned whether or not you'll be able to use it if it comes to it.

I shrug grabbing my own towel.

Camilla: I don't understand why you believe a wedding ceremony is going to turn into a massacre!

Antonio: Cause it happened before?

He looks at me as if I should have known and to be honest I've heard or read about scenes like that but I always thought the protection, especially Matteo's was overbearing.

Camilla: I don't think anyone would dare to attack with Christian's men all around.

Antonio: Well, you'll never know. Always be prepared for the worst.

Camilla: Define "worst" when you've been sold by your own father!

Antonio bites down a chuckle and I find myself smiling as well. It's been days since the incident at the restaurant and now that I think about it, weeks -month(s)?- even since I got here in the first place. I can't wrap my head around the exact time. It seems like I've lost track of it...but I know one thing, since my discussion with Erica I started seeing things differently.

And once you accept a situation you can move around it... it's not that bad. Well not worse than living with my father.

Antonio: Are you ready for tonight?

Camilla: Mentally?

Antonio: I don't know...I guess.

He rubs the back of his head in an awkward manner but I kind of appreciate his effort for small talk. Matteo's dad is a creepy brute and apart from Antonio I only see around here some random women, whoring their selves around, who are anything but willing to talk to me.

Camilla: Matteo said we would officially be introduced as a couple. And members of the High Table will be there, right?

Antonio nods avoiding to look at me.

Antonio: That event is not only about Juliana's wedding. All eyes will be on you.

Camilla: Way to help my anxiety Moretti!

He smiles as I call him by his last name gathering his things.

Antonio: You know, when Matteo insisted on taking you I thought he was just in some obsessive shít, but the more I interact with you I feel like you have things to give.