Chapter 21

Matteo's POV

Five days.

Five days that drove me mad minute by minute. Five days that every night I had to think of her while in my shower just to jerk off because it wouldn't be the same if another woman touched me while the only one I wanted was her! Camilla was stuck in my brain in every meeting! Every sit down with men that I should respect but when they referred to her something inside me snapped and I felt the need to shout for the world that she was mine!

Yet even when they referred to her as my wife it wasn't enough! I wanted to have her here. By my side! I left like a thief that morning not in control of my own emotions. *scoffs* Not in control...she made me lose what sculpted me. I had no control over my need for her, over my own mind that kept repeating her image inside my brain!

I returned back a day early only because I had to see her, touch her again. She could hate me all she wanted but when it was just the two of us I knew she'd melt under my touch leading me on to do more than she can take, because in the end she could!

And I return to find what?! That man who for better or worse was now considered "family" touching her! Threatening her! If it wasn't for the people around I'd shoot him between the eyes and throw his body in the ocean to become food for fish! But as always I had to act like a true... businessman. And what does a businessman? Negotiate.

I approached Camilla slowly taking her in. Her lips a fiery red coming in contrast with the long blue dress that was hugging her body perfectly. Her hair loose falling on her back and her eyes dark as if she's calculating her every word, her every move. She looks astonishing! Too good for any of those men to be deserving to lay eyes on her!

Too good for her to play judge in a murder she shouldn't be involved in!

I place my hand on her back and find myself exhaling an even so soft breath of relief that I didn't know I was holding. The words leave my mouth before I can filter them and all I can say for sure is her mere presence affects me. It affects me in a way it's dangerous, she is dangerous for me without even realising it!

Matteo: Tell me mio fiore...who do I kill?

She swallows down at my question but keeps a straight face before turning to the rest of the people gathered in my house. I catch Antonio's gaze and he nods at me. He must have called her to handle the situation and to my surprise she's doing pretty well so far.

She looks at every man presented one by one before her eyes stop to the beaten up man on the floor.

She walks to him slowly before kneeling down to be at his level. The man is watching her in awe same as any other in this same room.

Camilla: Did you kill Vito Angelinni?

Her voice low and strict. The man shakes his head vigorously tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

Christian's man: I didn't do it my Donna! I had no reason to do such thing!

The man speaks between sobs but that's not what bothers me. It's the fact Christian takes a step toward Camilla and starts talking. Such a big mistake for a man with such an irritating voice!

Christian: Are you seriously going to just ask him?! HE FOUND HIM DEAD! HE KILLED—

I cock my gun against Christian's head making his companion take a step away from where I'm standing even though they know there is no escape if I decide so.