Chapter 26

Camilla's POV

I am holding my hot chocolate with both hands. People come and go and I am in a corner table waiting. I'm about five months old now. My belly has started showing inevitably and I every day I have to cry under the shower for no-one to see the doubt in my face. There are days that I love Matteo more than I love life itself but there are others that I want to grab the gun and place it over his heart ready to pull the trigger. He always messes with my limits, pushing my boundaries...

And I always forgive him. I always forget what he did until the next time he'll do it. I was right, he made me sick in the end and somehow I was enjoying it. But I don't want this for my child. I don't know how to be a mother, he doesn't know how to be a father...we are both incapable and yet we'll bring a human being into this lifestyle. Into our own mess.

Bianca: Camilla?

I hold my breath at the familiar voice before looking up to see Bianca. She looks more mature than I remember her. She is wearing a jean skirt right under her knee and a white button up shirt which has the first two buttons open, enough to show some skin but not enough to make you stare. She is wearing a beautiful silver bracelet and has a matching set of earrings that show as her curly hair is wrapped up in a high ponytail. Her makeup is subtle but highlights the beautiful features of her face.

Camilla: Bianca!

She laughs and I do the same. I stand up and she immediately hugs me, holding me as close to her as she can with my growing belly on the way.

Bianca: I- When Giovanni told me you wanted to meet me I thought he was going crazy! It's been almost two years...

I nod placing a hand over my stomach and that's only when she notices.

Bianca: Shit! Are you pregnant?! For real?!

Camilla: Well, a person is growing up inside me so I'd say it's pretty real to me.

Bianca: Crazy...

She breathes out before we both sit down on opposite sides of the oval table.

Bianca: You look so... different. I don't understand what happened? Why you never contacted me?

Her enthusiasm was fading getting replaced by anger and worry. And it was completely understandable.

Camilla: I wanted to see you sooner it just...was never the right time. I didn't know what to tell you or how so I decided you should make your own assumptions. I'm sorry. You were the only person who actually cared for me.

I reach for her hand over the table and she smiles reciprocating. That's when we notice some guys looking at us. Not in a flirty but most likely terrified way. When I meet their eyes they stumble running outside and Bianca notices.

Bianca: Camilla...you know that people talk, right?

Camilla: *shrugs* And they'll never stop talking.

Bianca: Yeah, well I heard things about you not long after you dropped out of school. I couldn't believe it, I thought people were just having a wild imagination but now, looking at you. It does make sense.