𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 16: 𝘈𝘯 𝘌𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭

It was another morning at Eden Academy and within the Middle School Boarding House Demetrius Desmond was already up studying diligently.

Ever since he was young Demetrius always strived for perfection, he was looked upon fondly by his family as his intelligence proved fruitful as he earned Stellas through elementary and gained the Imperial Scholar title before they reached Middle School this making him the only one amongst his peers to obtain it. Unfortunately, gaining such success proved to become stale as he no longer had anyone to beat and life at school became dull as he continued to meet the expectations of his family.

However, that all changed when the new student Alicia Forger walked into the room. He was no longer the only Imperial Scholar within the middle school.

*badump!*

His pen froze midair as his heart beat at the thought of her. Fluffy pink hair that seemed to be mixed with sunlight, eyes as blue as the sky and a smile that's so bright that it lights up the entire room.

"Alicia." He muttered her name and his cheeks brightened ever so slightly, ever since she bear his score in a maths test his desire for competition reignited but this feeling is like nothing he's ever had before.

His alarm rang indicating that it is timw to wake up but in the other hand was already dressed so all he had to to was comb his curly hair back and put on his cape and made his way to the loungeroom of the dorm.

᪥᪥᪥᪥

"Good morning Demetrius!"

Troy Roberson, someone that Demetrius has begrudgingly called a friend for he is the only one who has approached him without the intent of getting close his family.

"Still recovering from your defeat yesterday?" Troy asked with a slight smirk.

"Shut up. I am not recovering she merely done what is expected from all of us as students of this Academy." Demetrius said.

"True, for a new student who arrived with the title Imperial Scholar. Every lesson she gets every question right, she's practically her own symphony in music and she's great at sports. She's like a female version of you!" Troy exclaimed.

"Don't be ridiculous." Demetrius sighed as he got up from his seat for breakfast.

"But you must finally be glad to have some competition." Troy chuckled as he walked beside him.

"Yes...I suppose I am." Demetrius said with a small smile.

D-Demetrius smiled?! Troy froze in shock.

᪥᪥᪥᪥

Alicia yawned as she walked through the halls of the school.

"Are you alright Allie, you've been looking tired the passed few days." Elise said as she looked concerned.

"I'm fine, I've just been busy with studying." Alicia said. I obviously can't tell her that I've been learning magic early in the morning before the sun rises with a talking cat. She sighed.

"Well don't push yourself too much." Elise said.

The girls reached the door to their class only to come across Demetrius and Troy at the same time.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Troy smirked.

"I was wondering why I started to catch of whiff of dog." Elise scowled and the two as usual got into yet another argument of back and forth insults.