𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 22 : 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

"C-C-calm down Elvira, surely there's an explanation for all this!"  Selena fumbled around with her hands trying to wonder why Elvira thought so.

"Everyone, I leave everything to your capable hands!" She exclaimed to the agents around them.

"Yes Ma'am!" They replied and Selena transported them back to the Agency but before she could question Elvira properly she fell asleep. Deciding that it was better to ask about it another day.

She had driven up to the Forger driveway and she carried her best friend towards her home and knocked on the door and it opened to reveal Loid to be the one who opened it.

"Selena, what happened?!" He asked as he took Elvira from her with a panicked look on his face. She sent a slight wary look as he held Elvira as though she would break if he held on too tightly and came in and waited for Loid to come back down.

Upstairs Loid didn't take Elvira to the guest room, he took her to their bedroom. He changed her into her night gown and tucked her in. He sighed as he sat beside her.

"Elvira...what could I have done for you to avoid me?" He muttered as he leaned in and hovered over her. He noticed that her eyes were slightly puffy.

Was she crying?  He thought and a tear from her eye fell down her cheek and he quickly caught it.

"Loid..." She muttered in her sleep and his heart ached at the thought that he might be the reason you're crying.

᪥᪥᪥᪥

Loid arrived to the living room where Selena stood waiting.

"Is she alright?" She asked as he came in.

"I've put her to bed." He said.

"And the children?" She asked.

"They just went to bed before you arrived." He said.

"Alright, now Loid, can you explain why Elvira thinks you're cheating on her?" She asked and Loid froze, stunned at her question.

"Cheating?!" He exclaimed.

"You don't know?!" She asked genuinely surprised.

"No everytime I tried to ask she would avoid me. But what could've lead to her thinking I cheated on her, what did I do? What did I say?!" He panicked.

*pak!*

"Snap out of it Loid Forger!" Selena exclaimed furiously and Loid held his cheek in shock.

"Obviously there's been some sort of misunderstanding. Being her friend for many years I can tell you that she may have many of them, but you cheating on her is one thing I can't believe because I've seen the way she smiles at you and the way you look at her. Which is why I'm gonna do you a favor Loid Forger and you better not mess this up or else I'll tear you limb from limb leaving nothing but scraps for the vultures got it?" She said.

"Thank you." He said hoping that with her colabration and help he'll be able to figure it out why Elvira would think something so ubsurd.

᪥᪥᪥᪥

Elvira's eyes fluttered open as she woke up. She felt a pair of familiar arms wrapped around her as her cheek was pressed against a  firm warm chest, this embrace made her want to stay there forever.

She looked up and gasped as she soon began to realise that she's not in the guest bedroom but in their bedroom and she was wrapped up in Loid's arms. She placed her palm on his cheek and snuggled closer until their foreheads were touching.

She  wanted to just close her eyes and let it be, but the murky feeling in her chest wouldn't leave her alone so she got up slowly, unwrapping his arms around her body and rolled out of bed grabbing some clothes fron the cupboards and rushing out of there leaving her very awake husband in the process.