𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

"Anne and the Plantars invite some old adversaries over for dinner to try to bury the hatchet."

Tw: swearing

--------------------------------------

After you have charged the three gems for the box, you decide to have dinner. Dinner to celebrate the girls' reunion. And you were invited too. You, actually, weren't sure about Sasha. You had your suspicions that she hadn't changed a bit. But for Anne and Marcy, you tried to believe.

You first went to Andrias to warn him about this event. Then you took your suit from the ball and you flew to Wartwood. You helped to take the table outside and covered it with various dishes. You heard your friends talking and Sprig didn't trust Sasha AT ALL. Nobody trusted Grime either. But the girls tried to reassure them that Sasha had to change too. Had to.

***

— Also, be nicer to [Y/n] today.

What?! To her?! She is a thief! She stole my best friends!

— You know, she saved and helped your friends more than once, — the toad chuckled, — And she protected them as if from you. Besides, she has reasons... to hate you. But she tries to be nice around you. So please try your best.

— Oh, yeah? Really? The only person she should be mad at is you. You nearly blinded her in one eye.

Now Grime's eyes were menacing again.

— It was necessary then. And I apologized to her there, at the temple. And she forgave me. But you... that's another story.

Sasha sighed in annoyance.

— Fine, I'll try...

***

You went home and arranged everything there. When everything was over, you heard a knock on the door.

— 'Kay, here they are. Now, please be cool. Remember, this isn't the same Sasha, who tried to kill you and take over Amphibia, — you didn't understand who she was talking to: only to Plantars or to you too, given the fact that you were standing next to them. But you agreed that everything would be fine.

When Anne opened the door, you saw these two. And god, Grime was smiling creepy again! The Plantars immediately panicked, and Anne cleared her throat. The frogs are back to normal.

Grime was the first to enter, dragging some kind of cart behind him, in which there was something big, but it was covered with a cloth.

— I baked a vol-cake-no. It needs a little more time to rise, but it's sure to end the night with a devastating EXPLOSION! of chocolaty goodness.

That. Was. Weird. Then you heard Sasha clear her throat.

— Well, girls. Looks like... WE'RE ALL FINALLY BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!

The girls started screaming and laughing.

— Human friendships are loud!

— I feel so out of place right now... — you commented.

You went outside to have dinner. You sat next to Polly, to her left. Marcy and Anne sat down together, and Sasha wanted to join them, but Sprig was on the chair.

— Sorry, this seat's taken.

Dammit Sprig!

Sasha cleared her throat. Then Grime cleared his throat. They exchanged a few words, but it was whispered, so you didn't hear anything. And... they both started to clear their throats. It was pretty tedious.