𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Anne's journey comes to an end"

Tw: angst, swearing

--------------------------------------

You kept looking at the damn moon for a while, which was approaching you and threatening to crush you into powder.

— Uh, [Y/n]... that's not normal, is it? Nothing finished yet? — Hetty asked you in a voice weakened by shock. You did not look at her, only at the moon, which seemed to hypnotize you.

— No. Nothing is finished yet.

***

You all came down to the ground. You heard the alarmed cheers from the crowd:

— Is that the moon?

— It's coming towards us!

— What's going on?

You heard hoarse chuckles. It was Andrias, you all turned to him.

— It seems The Core has activated its final gambit.

— Its what?

— When our civilization was at its peak, the moon became home to some of The Core's pet projects, — Andrias explained.

— Pet projects? — you asked.

— Special killer robots. Among them, a plan to eradicate all life as we know it by ramming the moon into Amphibia's surface.

Everyone was horrified.

— Excuse me?! Why?!

Marcy intervened.

— Fear. I've been in that thing's head. I know that more than anything, it's afraid of being destroyed. Of being irrelevant! It will do whatever it takes to defeat us and claim the stones as its own! If that means destroying an entire civilization... then so be it.

— So what you're saying is this thing's a giant sore loser!

— Hmm. More or less.

— We have to do something! Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop an entire moon?

Suddenly, the ground shook.

— An earthquake?! Don't we have enough going on?!

Unexpectedly, Mother Olm herself appeared from under the water. Unexpected visit, you must say.

— Mother Olm?

— Who is this now?!

— There are also olms in this world? — asked Erik in whisper.

— So? How did it go?

— Well, we stopped the invasion and it looks like the moon is about to kill us all, so... mixed bag?

— I see. Then, the prophecy has finally come to pass.

— Sasha mentioned this! What did it say? What did it say?!

— It said that the four of us would save the world. So, let's go save the world!

— Wait... four? So... you three and [Y/n]? — asked Hetty again.

— Um... yeah? — you said uncertainly. Hetty looked at you.

— Uuuuh, are you sure? [Y/n], you look weak, damn it, your ribs are broken and your legs are hurt! And Sasha has a huge damn BURN all over her back! Are you two sure you're not going to die?

— Don't worry, dear, the box will heal their wounds, — said Mother Olm. Hetty crossed her arms over her chest.

— If you say so.