𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧

"Anne and Hop Pop learn that Sprig may like Ivy Sundew, so they attempt to set them up."

Tw: swearing

--------------------------------------

Another day at Wartwood, and it's going weird... for you. Because you are now on a tree. Like, you don't know why. You were bored, and Hop Pop didn't have a job for you to do. Maybe you were looking for some unusual bugs, birds, maybe branches for weapons, or looking for another way out of the valley from above, YOU DON'T KNOW (this is a parallel to how Hop Pop in the episode "Grubhog Day" was hiding in the bushes, and himself didn't know why). The only thing you know is that you tightly squeezed the branch, pressing into it. And you saw in front of you some kind of golden Maybug or something similar to it. And you heard voices:

— Oh, Ivy, meet Anne. Oddity from another world. Anne, meet Ivy. Childhood acquaintance and occasional sparring partner.

You looked down through the leaves. You saw the familiar Anne, Sprig, and an unfamiliar yellow frog, which, apparently, is called Ivy.

— Hey, Ivy.

— Hey, I've seen you around. Nice to officially meet. Do you like being randomly attacked?

— Not at all!

— Well, too bad.

You leaned over so hard that you lost your balance and began to fall.

— Oh my GOD--

And you fell next to those three.

— [Y/n]? Wha-- what are you doing here? — asked surprised Sprig.

— Or more specifically, what were you doing on that tree? — Anne asked, no less surprised.

— I... I don't know, to be honest.

— Whoa. You must be another human who settled with the Plantars, — Ivy said as she approached you.

— I don't live with them, I live NEXT to them, — you got up brushing off the dust, — Name's [Y/n], if that's what you want to know.

— Yep, right. [Y/n]. I'm Ivy. Nice to meet you. It was a great ambush, — she shook your hand, and obviously, under the ambush, she meant your fall from the tree.

— It wasn't ambush, actually.

She let go of your hand.

— Welp, gotta go. See you later, Sprig. But you won't see meee... — and Ivy literally galloped away. Sprig looked at her with sparkles in his eyes.

— Well, well, well. She's kinda cute, huh? — Anne asked with a VERY suspicious tone and a grin.

— I don't know what you're talking about.

— Well, well, well, well, well, well, well...

— You're being weird, Anne.

***

In the end, you went to the Plantars' house. You decided to just drop in and visit. What's more, you were allowed to do it.

— We're home!

— What have you two been doin'? Oh, [Y/n], are you here too? Well, then, what have you three been doin'? I've been looking for you all morning! Except for you, [Y/n].

— I get it.

— Oh, nothing. Except-- Sprig was totally flirting with a cute girl!

He wasn't flirting, actually... — you said in whisper.