𝐇𝐨𝐩-𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫

"After losing his vegetable stand, Hop Pop decides to run for mayor of Wartwood."

--------------------------------------

Typical day, typical grocery shopping. However, since Hop Pop lost his stand and there wasn't much money, you didn't buy much food either. You went into the house to open the door with your foot, as your hands were busy.

— Hop Pop, we're back!

Anne followed you with a bucket of vegetables, which was clearly less than in your box.

— Got the groceries!

— Couldn't buy much since we're barely got any money left.

And last came Sprig.

— Feeling any better, Hop Pop?

Hop Pop did NOT feel better. To be honest, he looked like a life-weary bum. There were even flies flying around him.

— No... ever since we lost the vegetable stand I've just felt... well... lost. I was fine the first couple of days, but it's really starting to catch up with me...

— Well, maybe this will cheer you up. Pa-bow! — Anne pulled out a job posting flyer.

— The Grub-N-Go's hiring greeters! All you gotta do is smile and be friendly.

— Besides, you need to try something new in your life.

But Hop Pop was clearly not excited.

— Just another job for me to lose.

— See? You're a natural!

— Now head out there and get back in game.

Sprig began to literally tear the orange frog off the couch.

— Lemme go! The couch is the only one who understands me!

***

You prepared Hop Pop, put his appearance in order, and he went to a conversation about work. You stayed at home with the kids. Those three were reading Anne's magazine, and you were just lying there with your eyes closed, lost in your thoughts. Until Hop Pop came back with a good vibe.

— Guess what, kids!

— You passed the interview?

— You got the job?

— Nope! I'm running for mayor!

Huh? — you all were confused.

— Don't you see, kids? If I win this election, I'll prove once and for all that Hopediah Plantar ain't no loser!

— Oh, no. If he loses, he'll be more down than ever.

— And we just got the couch clean.

— But if he wins maybe we'll get the old Hop Pop back!

— True that.

— Fair point.

— Might work.

— Hop Pop, we're all in!

The orange frog abruptly came up to you with big sparkling eyes, which scared the kids pretty much that they fell off the couch.

— Really?! Aw, kids. I won't let you down! If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom practicing my distinguished expression, — and he left.

— Ugh. Politics are the worst! Right, [Y/n]? You're an adult, and you seem to understand this, yeah?

— Well, to be honest, this topic has always been boring and difficult for me. So I try to stay away from it. It has never hurt me!