Episode 5 (Hard Knock Life)

|POETIC INTRO|

"This is the ghetto
A place filled with suffering
A place filled with Love

ibi kún pẹlu agbara
Ebe jupụtara na udo
Wurin da gidan yake zaune

Na for here life start
Love Gives
Hate Takes "

Na for here life startLove GivesHate Takes "

_____________________________________

|GENERAL ABIOLA's MANSION, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS|

SIMI
(She walks into the huge corridor)
Ka a ale Mummy
(She greets in Yoruba)

Dr. SHADE
Good Evening my Daughter. Finally, I have you in my arms again!
(She embraces Simi, who has just returned from London)

SIMI
Mummy, that is okay. Besides, you were with me at Tope's wedding. I wasn't gone for that long, na, and I'm here for good now.
I'm not leaving your side again.

Dr. SHADE
Thank you, my daughter; words can't even comprehend how I feel right now.
(She smiles at Simi)

SIMI
So how have you been, Mother? How is the Hospital doing?

Dr. SHADE
Business is fine; we have opened more hospitals in the south and east, but we will need funding to keep them going.

SIMI
Do not worry besides The Baloguns, promised to help us; that is one of the reasons I came back!
"Within her sanity, she knew she came back for Taiwo"

Dr. SHADE
You mean you came back for Taiwo; we both know you've had a crush on him since you were kids. To the rest of the family and me, this is a contract marriage but for you, Simi, this is a dream come true!
(She teases Simi)

SIMI
Stop that, Mother; yes, I can't fight the feeling of relief and joy right now; I am marrying the man of my dreams.
(She blushes helplessly)

GENERAL ABIOLA
(He walks into the corridor singing his favorite song)
"🎶Baba mo dupe oh🎶"

SIMI
Daddy!
(Simi screams as she rushes to hug her father)

GEN ABIOLA
My Baby girl, How are you?
Look at you so beautiful; you ain't even as close to the ground as before!
(He complimented)

SIMI
Stop it, Father. I wasn't gone for long; even if I added height, it wouldn't be that obvious.

Dr. SHADE
(She noticed her husband was in the best of moods)
Ahh, Oko Mi, you seem to be in a good mood; you are glowing with so much excitement!

GEN ABIOLA
Ahh, why won't I be happy my baby girl is home, I got a call from Ayoola today; The company is about to launch the oil refinery here in Lagos, all we need is to seal that contract with The Baloguns, and for both sons of the Families to win the election.