Episode 13 (Betrayal)

POETIC INTRO|

Before my eyes,
He sat on pride
Before my eyes,
He had all that should be mine

He watched me from her womb.
He said I was his beloved!
It all changed the moment he knew;
I was born of breasts and not beards

I should be Queen amount kings
But he made me steward among kings
I will be a goddess among kings
And Lord among men!

He said I was his beloved!It all changed the moment he knew;I was born of breasts and not beards I should be Queen amount kingsBut he made me steward among kingsI will be a goddess among kingsAnd Lord among men!

FLASHBACK (APRIL 10th, 2021)

|Victoria & Albert's, Orlando. Florida, U.S.A|

"Mrs Adesoji meets up with Lolade at one of the famous restaurants in Florida."

LOLADE
I am still drowning in surprise. I keep asking myself how I could convince my family's biggest rival to meet up with me.
(She picks up a glass of red wine from the table)

Mrs ADESOJI
I can see the shock in your eyes. I bet you want to pinch me to confirm if it's the devil sitting with you or me.

LOLADE
I would if that is more important than why I wanted us to meet. But sadly, it isn't!

Mrs ADESOJI
I have somewhere to be in an hour from now, so please be quick with it!

LOLADE
Of course, I have no intention of taking much of your time. What I want is simple. I want power; I want to be a goddess among men. So I accept your offer, but you must keep my identity confidential until after the state elections coming next year.

Mrs ADESOJI
Your wish is my command, my friend.
I can call you my friend since you are on my side now.
(She smiles at Lolade)

LOLADE
Of course, we are friends now, and I believe I can trust you and the party.

Mrs ADESOJI
Yes, you can.
Though I know Chief will eventually find out about this. We can't underestimate your father's influence and power.

LOLADE
Relax, my dear; I have nothing to lose. My father has one rule that he has kept to his whole life, which is the rule of bloodline exemptions. Meaning it doesn't matter what I do. He can't touch me. I'm his greatest weakness. Soon he will realise all that I have coming.

Mrs ADESOJI
You still hold a grudge over his decision to take away your birth rights!
(She picks up a glass of Champagne)

LOLADE
I have sat on my anger for too long. My brother has lived my life for too long. I want it all back; I do not care what it will take. Even if it means destroying all my father has worked hard for, I do not care! After all, he is no saint!

Mrs ADESOJI
Wow, I love your energy. I believe with you on my side; there is so much we can accomplish. It's going to take time.

LOLADE
You have said it all, my dear. Like my niece, Temi used to say, "Time is of the essence."
I believe a time is coming when we will be Lords among men and goddesses among kings.

Mrs ADESOJI
You know people like you are why and for who The AUG party exist. We are not just interested in dominance!
We exist to create equity and equality in the society. We are here to ensure women get the same opportunities as men do.

LOLADE
This is exactly why I came to you. I know you are the only one who shares my goal. Together, we can create a society in Nigeria where women are not slaves to their culture and the so-called societal standards.

Mrs ADESOJI
Thank you for finding us worthy of your trust and support! Welcome to the party, my dear. I must take my leave now. But I will keep in touch with you.
(She gets up to leave

LOLADE
Thank you for hearing me out. I'm looking forward to working with you and the party.
(They formally exchange a handshake)

TODAY(OCTOBER 1st 2022)

Mrs ADESOJI's MEETING WITH THE PARTY MEMBERS