Episode44 (Mrs President)

|POETIC INTRO|
A dream come true it would be
That a being with womb sits on the throne
A fallacy it is that she dreams at all of it
They believe she was made for man not men!

She believe she was made for herself not man.
She's not far man as men came from her and not dust
She's not falling for man's ignorance
For she knows her essence of existence is so much more

How dare she craves the roles of the gods
How dare him calls himself god?
Does she hold the keys to life?
Can there be life without her bosom ?

I was in dilemma as I wondered if we are equals
Can she govern without her emotions locked in her subconscious?
Are men without emotions that we should speak of women being women?
We know she can be petty but men are no saint either.

She's not far man as men came from her and not dustShe's not falling for man's ignoranceFor she knows her essence of existence is so much more How dare she craves the roles of the godsHow dare him calls himself god?Does she hold the keys to life?C...

|ADEBISI's RESIDENCE, FESTAC|

"In a shocking turn of events, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria met a tragic fate early this morning. The President was delivering a speech at the presidential villa, ASU Rock, located in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, when chaos erupted. An unknown assailant opened fire during the President's speech, causing immediate panic and chaos in the vicinity.

The incident sent shockwaves throughout the nation, and speculations began to circulate. Many pointed fingers at the NNC party, suspecting their involvement due to their alleged dissatisfaction with the election results. The country was already in a state of political turmoil, with tensions running high since the controversial election, and this shocking act only served to exacerbate the situation.

As news of the President's tragic demise spread, the country plunged into uncertainty. Questions arose about the stability of the government and the potential repercussions this event could have on the already fragile political landscape. Security forces..."

"Adebisi turns of the flat screen as she picks up a bottle of wine from her office table"

ADEBISI:
This is good news. Wow.
(She picks up a wine glass.)

Mr. A BALOGUN:
What is good about this? This only means Lolade is succeeding in her plans to make herself president. We have to stop her.

ADEBISI:
Why? This could help us take her down. All we have to do is let her be President, then we expose her.

Mr. A BALOGUN:
Don't you think she will be too powerful to take down by that time? I know Lolade like the back of my hand. She will be difficult to stop once she and Mrs. Adesoji succeed.

ADEBISI:
We would stop them, Ayo. I assure you of that. There is too much evidence against her.

Mr. A BALOGUN:
Why don't we just take her in now? It would be easier.

ADEBISI:
(She snaps.)
No! I don't want it to be easy for her. Don't you get it, Ayo? She has to suffer for everything she has done to me. I will let her have it all, and slowly I will take it from her. I will leave with nothing but her name.

Mr. A BALOGUN:
Calm down, love. I thought we are on the same side.

ADEBISI:
I don't know, Ayo. I'm beginning to think otherwise. I feel like you don't understand me.
(She sits on the couch.)

Mr. A BALOGUN:
Ahh, no na. I do. I'm just being cautious. I don't want her to find a way to get out of this. She's my sister, and I love her, but she must pay for her crimes.

ADEBISI:
If you understand me, then you will be on my side.
(She folds her hands across each other.)
I was in pain for years, Ayo.
Do you know how it felt to gaze at the mirror and not recognize yourself?

Mr. A BALOGUN:
(Holds her hands.)
I don't. And I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Iyawo.
Ololufemi.

ADEBISI:
Fi mi silẹ, jor. Go and meet your other wife.
(She casually pushes him away.)

Mr. A BALOGUN:
Ahh ahh. Don't be like that. You know I loved and still love you. You are my first love, the mother of my first fruit. Iuawomi.

ADEBISI:
(Blushes.)
This man, you haven't changed.

Mr. A BALOGUN:
Ahh, why would I?
A real man's heart never changes. It stays the same for the one who watered his garden first.

_____________________________________

"Taiwo walks into the sitting room"

MICHAEL:
(Gazes at Taiwo, who appears pale and stressed out)
Taiwo, are you fine?

TAIWO:
Where is Maria? Please, I want to see her.

MICHAEL:
Bro, I don't think this is a good time.

TAIWO:
Please, Micheal. I just want to see her. I'm slowly losing it.

MICHAEL:
I understand how you feel, bro, but Maria is going through a lot right now. And I can't risk her condition getting worse than it already is.

TAIWO:
What do you mean? What is wrong with her?

MICHAEL:
She's yet to come to terms with Nanny's absence in her life.

"Temi  walks into the scene"

TEMI:
And thanks to you, the young innocent girl keeps blaming herself for what happened. Do you know the guilt she's feeling right now?

MICHAEL:
(Holds Temi)
Calm down. Remember, you shouldn't stress yourself.

TAIWO:
I know, Temilade, and I'm sorry. Seriously it wasn't my intention to hurt her this way.

TEMI:
I know, Taiwo, but you did, and I warned you about all of this. Now the poor girl is crying every day. She hardly eats.

TAIWO:
Can I just see her? At least just once. Temi, please, e jor, I beg you in the name of God.

TEMI:
No, Taiwo. Don't you get it? You are the last person she wants to see.

"Maria walks into the scene"

MARIA:
It's fine. I want to see him.

ONYINYE:
(Turns to Maria)
Are you sure?

MARIA:
Yeah.

MICHAEL:
Maria, you don't have to if you don't want to.

MARIA:
I'm fine, Taiwo. Besides, I can't avoid him forever.

TEMI:
Alright, we will give you guys privacy, but if it gets too difficult, you can ask him to leave.

MARIA:
Sure.

"Temi, along with Micheal and Onyinye, walks out of the scene"

_____________________________________