Episode 22(3rd Mainland Bridge)

|POETIC INTRO|

To my dearest self, I see no light
To my dearest self, I see nothing but chaos
To my dearest self, I brought nothing but pain
To my dearest self, there is no hope for tomorrow

I have burnt my bridges of energy
I have fed my good fortunes to the vultures
I have sold my soul to my misguided desires
I have brought on myself that which I deserve

"Ayah, I feel sorry for her", They whispered to themselves
"Omo na she fuck up", They let out in their circle
"She's a whore" So did I think they thought.
"Chai nawa oh" They couldn't believe a lady born of silver spoon would go rounds without rubbers.

Grace; Gods Riches At Christ's Expense
They say all of it is sufficient for me
But I must dine with the Deity to ripe from it
How is his love unconditional if it requires my loyalty?

 Grace; Gods Riches At Christ's ExpenseThey say all of it is sufficient for meBut I must dine with the Deity to ripe from itHow is his love unconditional if it requires my loyalty?

_____________________________________

|3rd MAINLAND BRIDGE|

Eniola sits on the guardrail. She gazes at Lagos's largest lagoon as her hands and feet tremble.
At that moment, she felt nothing but fear and nuisance as she heard the crowd pleading with her to come down from where she was sitting.
For a minute, she felt this was it for her.
The moment she let go and gave up on life.
She holds firmly to the guardrails and pushes herself towards the water's surface.

One of the Danfu Drivers called out to her;

"Madam, we know say Naija hard, but that nor mean say you go kill yourself na. Na Lagos be this oh the land of opportunities.
No, go lose guard fight for your life, Ejor."

ENIOLA
(Notice a middle-aged woman walking towards her with her Bible in her hands)
Madam, stay back!
(She turns to the crowd)
Please, let me be.
Go on with your lives. This is my decision to make, not yours. Make una leave me abeg.

Mrs T
I don't know who you are, young lady, but I want to tell you that Jesus loves you.
Jesu feran re
(She said in Yoruba)
The book of Psalm35: 17-20 says;
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken.
(She turns to Eniola)
Beautiful Girl, this is not the solution. Killing yourself won't solve your problem.

ENIOLA
(She cries out to the middle-aged woman)
Then what will?
How do I get past something heftier than myself?

Mrs T
God's grace is sufficient for all of us, My dear.
Come to Jesus today and be saved.
Only God can save you, my daughter.
I do not know what you are going through, but My heavenly Father does, and he is calling you today to come to him.

ENIOLA
(She laughs out loud)
Why should I believe any of what you just said?
We all know the Bible is a piece of fiction.

Mrs T
No, it isn't, my dear daughter.
The scripture is sacred, and the reality of God's words can never be emphasized.
God's love for you is unconditional