Chapter 3

Venus

I was taken to this vast open air room, it had no roof and a huge bath in the middle, it honestly looked like a lake. The huge pillars from each side of the pool were holding on to the small corners of the ceiling, a ceiling with the middle of it missing, I think they were there for art purposes.

"You'll be bathed and given new clothes, then Marissa will show you to your place of sleep" the queen who I still don't know the name said without looking at me, I looked at Marissa and she was the girl with blonde hair who I made blush first.

"Your work here is to escort me, and my daughter wherever we go because I don't trust any man around my child." The queen explained, when she realized she's said too much to me she cleared her throat and looked away. So she has a daughter, that's interesting, she looked too young to have a kid. She can't be more than a couple years older than me.

"I'll let the girls help you" she said before walking away but my eyes decided to follow after her until she disappeared behind the door, my face was quickly turned to the front. Marissa was smiling at me and I gave her a smile back.

"You need to stop staring at the queen, her husband is a very jealous man. Who gets angry very easily" she explained while trying to unshackle me, after a long time of struggling she finally took off the rusty metal from around my neck and wrists.

"Well, her husband can fuck off." I smiled, Marissa looked at her friend worriedly then back at me.

"What?" I asked confused,

"Her husband is the emperor, he will execute you for not adding enough olives to his food. So I suggest you watch your mouth" the other woman said, I can't keep calling her the other woman, she had long black hair that looked so soft, and why would he execute someone for something they can't control that's just unfair.

"What is your name?" I asked the woman, she hesitated at first but replied soon after. I pulled the top part that was covering my breasts and she looked down at them before averting her eyes.

"Alba" I've never heard that name before, very cute one. I took off the bottom part making the both of them look away from my naked self, I chuckled and jumped in the pool feeling the warm water on every corner of my body, I've only swam in a close river to where we lived with my brothers and it was always cold, when I got to the surface I winced in pain remembering the wound on my back.

"I'm Venus" I washed my face and pushed my hair back and out of my face, Marissa came closer to the edge and put a small bowl and a strigil so I looked up at her confused.

"This is scented oil, put it on your body. Then you're gonna use this to scrape the excess oil from your skin" I pulled myself out of the water, and grabbed the oil putting on myself, it smelt so minty and I loved it.

"Can you turn the other way please?" Alba asked avoiding to look at my body, I was confident in what I looked like so no, I will not be hiding it.

"Can you?" I said, she rolled her eyes and folded her arms in front of her. When I was done with the reachable sections on me I pointed to my back, she sighed annoyed at my request but complied. Alba poured oil in her palm and gently put it on my back making sure not to accidentally touch the wound.

"We have to get this cleaned before it gets worse" I heard the woman say behind me, I gently scraped with the tool Marissa gave me trying to get the oil off. It took a while if I'm being honest and I was getting annoyed, Alba scraped my back because I couldn't reach.

"Jump back" she said making me look at her confused, she rolled her eyes and pushed me back in the water. I swam to the surface and glared at her but she just chuckled with her friend. I let my hair soak in water and brushed through it with my fingers, when I felt like I was clean I got out.

Marissa met me with a long piece of cloth that I wrapped around my body. I was then escorted to a room, a small room but it's clean and doesn't smell like horse shit.

"Since you're a personal guard now, you'll have to wear this and always look nice and presentable" she pointed to the outfit I'm supposed to put on, it was perfectly laid on the bed. It had a clean robe that reached mid thighs, a leather skirt with a belt on it, a tight leather forearm protective gear. This looked so expensive and clean, I loved it and let's not talk about the nice and comfortable looking sandals and leg gear that reached the knees. I will look so nice as a royal guard.

I am a royal guard, a personal one even, assigned to the queen and I feel special.

"We don't trust you enough to give you a weapon so you'll stay weaponless until you prove your loyalty" Alba explained, I dropped the cloth that I was using to dry my body, I felt a hand on my back followed by something wet.

I winced at the feeling of the cold water cleaning my wound, I looked behind me and Marissa was gently tapping on my back with a wet cloth. When she was done, she dried it with a dry cloth and stepped nack.

I thanked her and started wearing my new clothes, it took me a while because I never put things like these before so I needed help with lacing the leather and making everything look perfect.

"Now for that hair, it's a mess. We'll have to comb it" Marissa said, I glared at her offensive words and rolled my eyes. My hair is fine, but before I could speak my thoughts my hair was pulled back roughly.

"See, it needs combing" Marissa said brushing through my hair until the comb didn't get stuck anymore, my head felt better after she brushed my hair, it looked better even.

"Well look at you now, you surely do not look like a slave" Alba said with a smirk, I walked closer to her and smiled.

"And what do I look like exactly?" I asked, her eyes were wider than before because she didn't expect me to get this close, she looked at my face first then my arms and then legs.

"Well, you...look like a...you look nice...I guess" she stuttered her words out which only made my smirk grow bigger, before I can reply someone walked inside the room.

"Wha-... are you done yet?" The queen asked sounding annoyed, I took a step back to take a good look at her. I still can't get over how gorgeous she looks. I'm named after the goddess of love and beauty but she is the literal meaning of that, they need to make a status for the queen as a symbol of beauty.

"You look...presentable" she said almost like she didn't want to let it out, she turned to the two women with a serious look.

"You're dismissed" the women left the room leaving me and the queen alone, and I kind of felt nervous in her presence. She was shorter than me which I liked very much and I had no idea why I did. Maybe I enjoyed the fact that she had to look up at me to speak.

"This is where you'll sleep, you'll wake up everyday at dawn and wait for me at the door of my room." She said before leaving the room, I quickly followed after her because I think that's what she wanted me to do.

"You do not speak, unless you're addressed. Specially when Maximus is around, I'll give you more rules and what you're gonna do later but for now..." She stopped so suddenly making me bump into her, she turned around to look at me and took a step back.

"For now...behave" she ordered pointing her finger at me, I smirked and bowed my head to her like the good servant I am.

"Yes, your majesty" I whispered only for her to hear, plus there wasn't anyone around us anyway. She rolled her beautiful eyes and turned to continue with her way. I really loved that dress she was wearing...

*******************************************
The outfit they gave Venus is in media but without the weapon :))

I'll be showing you the dress the queen was wearing in the next chapter.

Love you bye!

Muah

-S