Chapter 13

Venus

Lavinia was leaning against my body her little snorts were the softest, she's fallen asleep a while ago but I didn't find the heart to wake her up so I just sat there with her laying in my arms.

"Just let me kill him..." I mumbled to her but I knew she wouldn't hear it because she was in a deep sleep, I got caught with Alba in my room she wouldn't let me leave and kept asking me to help her with some things and before I realized it was time to go see Lavinia it was already late.

When I walked in on him grabbing her by the hair like that and her nose was bleeding my whole body stopped working for a moment, and I was thinking of all the ways I'll be murdering this man but with one look from her I looked down bowing to him, for her sake and not mine.

"I don't care if I get executed or sent to the coliseum...I want him dead so he'll never put his hands on you" I whispered caressing her soft hair,  I looked down at her face and just admired the little freckles she had scattered all over her cheeks and nose. Her cheek was staring to bruise and it only made me even more upset, how can he put his hands on this woman.

If she was mine I'd kiss the ground she walks on, I'd obsess over her and show her off to the world. So they can envy me, and only dream about her being theirs. I'd worship her like the goddess she is and never ever think of laying a hand on her. I sighed deeply and gently picked her up trying my best not to wake her up.

I laid her on the bed and gently brushed the hair out of her face, I stared at her bruised cheek feeling my jaw clench. I closed my eyes to try and calm myself down because if I don't I'll end up doing something I regret.

My fingertips traced her nose, her lips and her chin then I leaned forward and kissed her cheek softly so I won't wake her up. I'm going to make sure this woman right here never gets hurt again, even if it meant I'll die for her.

I left that room with one thought on my mind...

I fast paced through the long hallways until I found myself on the other side of the castle. I slammed the door open and walked inside the room, it had multiple beds laid directly on the floor. The women sleeping there woke up at the sudden sound of the door hitting the wall.

"Marissa..." I called her name, I was avoiding to look at any other woman because they were wearing less clothes than I expected. At the end of the room I watched a woman stand from her bed and make her way towards me.

"Venus? What are you doing here?" She asked covering herself with a gown, I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out of the room so we can have a private talk.

"I need you to show me how to leave this place..." I said in a whisper, she gave me a confused look like she didn't really understand something.

"I have to do something, for the sake of Lavinia...I can't let her get hurt anymore and you're going to help me." I demanded, she pushed her blonde hair out of her face and stayed quiet.

"I promise I'll try to get you back as a personal maid, Marissa" I said making her look back at me, she pulled her arm away and smiled sadly like something was bothering her.

"I just want- I just want Lavinia to know that I never betrayed her, and I never will..." She whispered pulling her gown closer because it was a bit cold,

"He...told me to sleep with him to make Lavinia upset or he was going to sell me to one of his noble friends..." She started and I was surprised at the new revelation.

"I'd rather live here as a kitchen maid than get raped and thrown around between dirty fat rich men..." I stared with pity as the woman cried silently, I unconsciously stepped forward and wrapped my arm around her and she did the same. When she finally calmed down she pulled away and looked up at me.

"Plus I'm already into someone else..." She whispered with a dreamy smile, I tilted my head to the side curious at whom it could be.

"Alba is mad at me, she thinks I purposely slept with him...I swear I didn't but she won't give me a moment to explain myself" she sighed in frustration, I smiled at Marissa and she smiled back because I understood what she meant.

When everyone points at you saying you did something and won't give you a chance to explain why or if you were actually the one who do it.

"I'll help you Venus" she said and pushed her blonde locks behind her ear, I nodded with a smile and she bowed to me slightly which left me a bit confused.

"Why did you bow to me?" I asked,

"I am now lower than you Venus, you are the queen's personal guard and I am a kitchen maid" she chuckled and patted my shoulder before walking back inside the room.

I'm gonna give Alba a piece of mind for making me sleep with her knowing Marissa was very in love with her. Now I seem like the bad guy, I'll deal with her tomorrow. But it does explain why Marissa started to push herself away from me when I started sleeping with Alba.

You're probably wondering why I wanna leave and how would I be able to help Lavinia from outside the castle. Well now I'm a royal guard and I'm above Atticus. Lavinia was giving me some golden coins from time to time and I saved them, I'll be able to go back and get my family.

The point of going back there, is to make my brothers and all the other slaves free. If we can overthrow Maximus...or just simply assassinate him. All of our problems would be solved. And I'm sure not just the farm's slaves would join, everyone who wants to be free of their sick and abusive owners.

The next morning, I waited for Lavinia to get ready. She smiled at me and I bowed in response, she rolled her eyes and walked in front of me. Today she was wearing a grey dress, her hair was down and she looked breath taken, like always.

The bruise on her face was still there, which honestly ruined my mood but then I remembered my plan. The plan that I won't tell Lavinia because she'll say no, and forbid me from leaving this castle.

"Mother!" A small voice said enthusiastically behind us, Lavinia turned to look at her daughter who was running to us with her arms open. Lavinia smiled and picked Diana up hugging her tight like she was gone for years.

"Good morning sweetheart" Lavinia whispered then put the kid back on her feet, but for some reason Diana's face has dropped as she stared at her mother.

"What is that on your face?" Diana asked with a cold stare, I looked back at Lavinia who was as surprised as I was. I've never seen Diana this upset, Lavinia put her hand to her face and her eyes widened in realization. She must've forgotten about the bruise, because she usually hides in her room until it disappears.

"Oh it's... nothing sweetheart. Just fell this morning while wearing my dress" Lavinia tried to find an excuse but Diana was old enough to understand what it was exactly, the little girl turned to me with a glare.

"I thought you were here to protect her from him?! If I was your size I wouldn't let him take another breath" she said while pointing at me, before I can react she turned away and left us both standing there too stunned to speak.

******************************************
Helloo! Here's another chapter and I hope you like it!

Tell me what you think is gonna happen and how you feel about everything so far.

Muah

-S