Chapter 29

Venus

"Hello?"

I was walking through a very familiar looking path, it almost resembled the way to the farm where I used to work.

I kept going until I hear a cry of pain, it sounded like a woman. I followed the sound until I found myself standing in front of a woman, she was leaning back against a statue of a goddess. I guess her name was Venus, like mine. That's what my mother told me.

The woman was holding a newborn baby in her arms, she was staring at her child with love and care and even though she looked like she was in so much pain she made sure the baby was covered from the cold and protected.

I felt a hand on my shoulder making my heart jump but my body didn't react to being scared. I looked at the hand then followed it until I was met with the owner. The woman...my mother? Flora?

"Mother?" I said confused, she looked much younger and very beautiful. She smiled and brushed her fingers on my cheek and I leaned against her touch.

"My child, your mother..." She pointed to the woman holding the baby in her arms.

"She prayed to me..." My mother Flora said, I was still very confused on what's happening here and if I was dead or dreaming.

She smiled and made here way to the woman leaning against the statue catching her attention, the woman looked up at Flora in surprise and asked her who she was.

"You laid against my statue and prayed for help, so help came to you..." Flora said pointing to the statue, the woman turned and read the writings carved into the stone then looked back at Flora.

"Your child, your daughter has been blessed. She'll have a rocky path before reaching what she desire in life..." I stood there watching them curiously, the woman leaned down closer to the baby's ear and whispered.

'Venus'

Flora turned to look at me with a smile, realization started to come to me about what's going on here. Flora was the goddess herself, and she was protecting me this whole time. Feeding me, teaching me all I need to know about life all while helping me grow into a good human.

"Why?" I found myself asking, I watched the woman close her eyes with a proud smile on her face while holding her baby close to her chest.

"I saw something in you...I still do." Flora made her way to me and put her hand on my cheek gently caressing it.

"Go back to your life, to your woman and to your people..." She whispered and brushed her palm over my eyes closing them.

When I opened them I was back in the Lavinia's room, I was laying on her soft and warm bed. I stared at the ceiling with a smile with tears falling down my cheeks. I slowly sat up and pulled the covers over my body feeling the cold breeze brush on my skin.

I sat on the edge of the bed and squeezed my arm muscles because they felt sore then stretched them over my head releasing a soft sigh.

"V-Venus?"

My head shot up towards the source of the voice and Lavinia was standing by the door with her hand over her mouth. I smiled and stood up to my feet, she slowly made her way to me and wrapped her arms around my neck while I put mine around her waist.

"My queen..." I whispered kissing her shoulder, she was wearing a stunning emerald green dress that made her red hair shine even more. I pulled away to get a better look at her, I grabbed her face with my hands and kissed her head, temple, cheeks...until I reached her lips.