Chapter 15

Lavinia

After what Venus said to me last night I didn't catch a glimpse of sleep, my thoughts were filled with her words and the emotions they held. Was it too early to have feelings for the woman? But she's been nothing but a sweetheart to me, and to Diana.

"Mother?" A voice catching my attention, I looked up at my daughter who was staring at me blankly. She had her hands behind her back while she stood straight with her head high. I looked back and Venus was standing the same way while staring at a random bush she looked deep in her thoughts.

"Yes darling?" I replied smiling at her because she was picking up on Venus' gestures, I brushed her light brown hair out back and she took a deep breath.

"How is your..." She pointed to my cheek, I smiled and took her hand putting it over my cheek.

"I'm alright Diana, I promise" I kissed her palm but she pulled her hand away,

"Don't lie to me mother, I am almost 11 and I am aware of what's going on in this place." She said with a hard look, when did my daughter become so mature, she should be playing and doing kid things not worrying about me and this cursed castle.

"I want you to know that I love you Diana, and I'll do anything to protect you. Even if it meant dying for you, you're my daughter and my life." I felt my tears slide down my cheeks and I saw hers start to fill with tears as well but she tried to keep her strong posture.

"I wanna be as big as Venus so I can protect you as well" she whispered looking down at her feet, I smiled sadly at my daughter and wrapped my arms around her shoulders pulling her closer in a tight hug.

"You don't have to worry about protecting me darling..." I said kissing her temple but my eyes were fixed on Venus, she pulled away from the hug and wiped her tears with the back of her hands then walked back to where Venus was standing.

Venus smiled at Diana and ruffled her long brown hair, I watched as they both went back to their training. Venus was teaching her how to use a small knife in case she lost her sword.

I softly wiped my tears away and leaned back on the chair, how can I be so careless, my daughter shouldn't be spending her time training just to protect me or worrying about me. She should be having fun and doing things she enjoys.

"Your majesty" I heard a familiar voice saying behind me, I quickly turned around to find Marissa standing there with her head down and Alba behind her with a serious look.

"Marissa? What are you doing here?" I couldn't lie and say I didn't miss her but I won't show her that, she looked at me for a second then looked down.

"Can I speak with you for a moment?" She asked softly, and I rolled my eyes leaning back on the chair, she already got tired of working at the kitchen and she's going to ask me to change that.

"Please your majesty" she begged, I looked up and Venus was already looking at me she pointed with her head to Marissa asking me to talk to her, I sighed giving up and stood up walking out of the garden with Marissa right behind.

"This better be important" I said to her with my arms folded in front of me, the blonde pushed the hair out of her face looking at Alba for a moment for reassurance and then back at me.

"I'm not here to ask you to change my job, because I respect you and your decision, your majesty..." She started, for some reason I couldn't hate her because she's been with me since the start, she's been helping me and taking care of me before and after I gave birth.

"I'm here because there's something very important you need to know" she said in all seriousness, she was waiting for me to say anything to stop her but when I didn't she continued.

"Your majesty...Your husband, he's been asking his guards to sneak into the maids' rooms and bring them to him in the middle of the night or sometimes he sneaks there himself" She started making my heart stop, I could tell she was having a hard time talking about it but I didn't know why.

"And if we, I mean...they struggle he threatens to sell them to his noble friends" she said in a soft voice, I didn't know what to say to her because I knew she was one of his victims as well...

"He's always drunk, and I don't want him to get into Diana's room by accident." She said wiping her tears out of her face, my heart sunk further more at the realization. He couldn't do that? Could he?

"Last night he snuck into Alba's room but thankfully she was with me, and Diana's room is right next to hers." She finished, by now my mouth was agape in horror my eyes were wide and I felt my world spinning.

"Lavinia, all I'm saying is, make sure Venus is close to their rooms. Just in case he thinks of doing anything" Marissa said with a soft smile, I put my hand on my forehead because my head started to sting and my body was losing balance, I felt arms wrap around me and I leaned my head against whoever caught me.

"Lavinia?" Venus whispered in a worried voice while looking down at me, I put my hand on her arms to keep myself up.

"Mom?" My daughter said touching my other side to check on me, I smiled at her to reassure her but she was still worried.

"Can you take me back to my room?" I asked Venus softly, she nodded and both her and Diana escorted me to my chamber.

"What happened?" Venus asked worriedly, I sat on my bed and Diana brought me a glass of water. I sighed pushed my hair out of my face, what if he actually gets in Diana's room and hurts her? Or does something....god no. I don't wanna think about it, I need to make sure he doesn't go near her.

"Venus, your room is gonna be changed to the one next to Diana's. Starting from tonight" I ordered, they looked at each other confused and back at me.

"Why?" They asked at the same time, I looked at them while they stared at me with worry and curiousness but I couldn't explain what's going on.

"Just because" I said putting my head in my hands. A knock interrupted our conversation, Venus got up and opened the door. A maid walked in with a smile.

"Your majesty, the king is asking for your presence in the dining room" she said with a bow, I nodded and she left the room. I sighed getting up, it was probably past dinner time and he was wondering why I was late.

"You don't have to go, Lavinia. I'll tell him you're sick" Venus said and gently pushed me to sit back down.

"No it's okay I'll-"

"I'm sure he won't mind" Diana said with a smile, she looked up at Venus who just understand her without saying anything and left the room.

"I'll keep you company for a bit, until she comes back" Diana said with a smirk wiggling her eyebrows at me,

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked feeling warmth build up my body and face, Diana laughed at my flustered self and laid back on the bed.

"I see the way you look at her mother, and the way she looks at you..." She said laying back on her hands and stared at the ceiling with a soft smile.

"Specially the way she looks at you" she sighed, her words caught my attention. So I turned to look at her and put my hand on her stomach fixing her clothes.

"And how does she look at me?" I asked her curiously, Diana turned her head towards me and smiled.

"Like you're her source of life" she replied making my heart flutter, source of life? Does she really? I mean her eyes shine whenever she's looking down at me and the other day when I was leaning against her, her heart was going crazy in her chest. And most importantly how does my kid know about this?

"I read a lot mother, I know what love is and I can't wait to experience it."

Love?

Does Venus love me? Do I feel something towards her as well? I admit she's a very interesting person and I enjoy her company but I don't think I love her...

Yet.

****************************************
I might update again.

Love you, muah!

-S