Chapter 14

Venus

If I wanna leave to go see my mother, I'd have to leave at night when Lavinia is sleeping because I know for fact she'll kill me if she finds out but this is for her own good. Marissa will help me get out and get in every night.

It was almost time to meet with Marissa so I was getting a bit anxious, would she snitch on me and tell the guards? Or even worse, tell Lavinia...But I had to play it cool and not accidentally tell on myself when walking Lavinia to her room.

"Will you stay the night with me?" She asked while staring at me through her beautiful long eyelashes, how can I say no to this woman when her doe eyes were keeping me under their spell, but I have to contain myself before we end up doing things...

Her hand landed on my chest and moved slowly on my skin feeling on my collarbone and neck, her eyes never left mine and I was in literal awe while gawking at this woman who's making me feel some type of way.

Her fingers wrapped on the front of my leather armor and pulled me inside the room then quickly locked the door, my heart was thumping in my chest nervous at the sight of her handling me this way. And what made it beat even faster was when she pushed me back against the closed door leaning on my body while her face a few inches away from mine.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" She whispered, her lips gently brushed on mine while her fingers on my neck were tracing the visible veins.

"How can it not when you're this close to me..." I replied trying to find a steady rythme for my breathing. Her eyes watched my every move curiously and I saw a smirk on the corner of her lips, like she was waiting for this exact answer.

"I make your heart race? Venus?" She asked amused and grabbed my hand then guided it towards her waist, I wrapped my arm around her pulling her even closer than before feeling every inch of her on me, I gently kissed the side of her neck and let her beautiful scent fill my nostrils.

"You make me feel things I don't understand..." I whispered against her skin before pulling back to look at her face, I took her hand in mine gently kissing it then laid it against my heart.

"Your voice, your face, your scent...will forever haunt me Lavinia and I don't think you understand the chokehold you've got on me" I found myself lost in her green eyes, she was staring at me in surprise like she never expected me to say anything like that.

When she didn't reply or react I leaned giving her a soft kiss and smiled. She was still too deep in her thoughts and I had to leave, I sighed and pulled away from her. She blinked a few times and took a step back clearing her throat.

"I- ehm..." She started and I looked down with a knowing smile, she doesn't feel the same or she's confused on how to feel but I still made myself hope for more. Maybe it's too fast for her...

"You don't have to say anything Lavinia, I do not expect you to. I understand how you feel and I'm only hoping you'd understand how I feel..." I smiled at her and opened the door, I took a deep breath that I didn't know I needed and made my way to where Marissa and I decided to meet.

I reached the garden that Marissa told me she'd be at, I looked around the bushes and the trees until I saw a figure hiding there.

"Marissa?!" I whispered yelled to get her attention, the blonde's head shot up and she stood up walking to me with an upset look.

"I thought you stood me up" she sounded very upset but she looked hurt, I smiled softly and put my hand on her shoulder to reassure her.

"I was talking to Lavinia, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting" I apologized and she just nodded handing me a beige cloak, I looked at the piece of clothes in my hands confused.

"Your clothes look expensive, if someone sees you wearing that you'll come back naked..." She said folding her arms in front of her and I nodded putting the cloak on.

"...that's if you come back" I heard her mumble making my eyes look up at her and she just shrugged her shoulders and started walking in a certain direction.

"Whenever you wanna leave, you come to that tree where you found me and start walking north until you find..." She stopped and pushed through the bushes and I followed after her, behind her was a long trench hole filled with spikes and junk that looked like it goes all around the castle.

"How do I cross?" I asked and turned to look at Marissa who was trying to pick up a plank, I went to her and picked the flat object knowing where it had to go.

"When you cross, throw the plank back so nobody sneaks in" she demanded, I was unsure of this plan but I think this was the only way to cross and to keep intruders out.

"Keep going north until you reach the city" she told me while I slowly walked on top of the plank trying to keep my balance until I reached the other side, I grabbed the edge of the wood and threw it back towards Marissa.

"In one hour, I'll come back and if you're not here find another way to get in" she smiled and waved her hand goodbye, I rolled my eyes and ran north just like she told me.

I don't know how long I've been running but it wasn't that much, I found myself in the familiar street where Atticus sold me. I still remember the road back to the farm so I kept walking cautiously because the streets were dark and empty only with the help of a few torches that I recognized where I was heading.

When I reached the farm I made my way to the barn where my brother's and I slept at night, I carefully pushed the door open so I don't make any unnecessary noise.

My brothers were sleeping at their usual place and I tried to stifle a laugh, Felix, my eldest brother was sleeping while hugging a piglet while Magnus the middle child was sleeping with his ass up in the air and drool running out of his lips.

I kneeled down next to Felix and tried to slowly pull the piglet away from him but he groaned, I sighed and just slapped him awake. He jumped throwing the poor piglet up in the air, good thing I caught it before it got hurt. So much for not making noise...

"V-Venus?? Oh my god, am I dead? Magnus, Magnus! wake up, I think I died in my sleep" he said panicking and shook my other brother making me chuckle, Magnus rolled to his side and gently rubbed his eyes with a yawn but his yawn was cut short when he saw me.

"An..an angel??" He stuttered out,

"I'm not an angel brother, I'm just clean" I said with a smile, I put the piglet down and gave them my arms so they could stand up. After they felt that I was real and alive they smiled widely and tackled me in a tight hug.

"Listen, I dont really have time I have to go back but I need you to do something for me..." I explained how I'm gonna need them to get more men, because when it's time we'll sneak inside the castle and assassinate Maximus and all his followers.

"We thought you were dead" Magnus said with a sad smile,

"I'm not that easy to kill Magnus, you know that" I replied, I stood up and walked closer to the both of them.

"Here, this is for you. And tell mother that I'll come see her soon..." I whispered hugging Felix and handed him the pouch filled with the coins Lavinia has been giving me.

"How can we reach you? And what should we do with Atticus?" Magnus asked, I hugged him as well and held his big head in my hands.

"For now just act normal and I'll come see you whenever I get a chance..." he nodded, I opened the door slowly and looked around to make sure no one was there.

"Make sure the other guys know...but only the guys you trust with your life Magnus" I tapped his shoulders and put the hood back on, I waved them goodbye and made my way back to the castle.

*******************************************
Hello! How are you guys doing?! I've missed you all so I decided to update.

Have a good day!

Muah

-S