Chapter 26

Venus

Rhea came back to let me know that the queen and her kid were safe at my brothers' place which made me feel a lot better, I was glad they were finally safe. I smiled and played with the wooden knife Marissa brought me saying Diana made it for me.

"So what is your plan?" Aio asked curiously, it's honestly very boring here when there's no fight. We've been sitting around talking and sleeping waiting for the fight day. Which was tomorrow.

"My plan was to get Lavinia to a safe space, now I have to finish what my dear brother started." I have to find a way to kill him, wether it's in the arena or stealthily.

The cell door opened and Rhea walked in looking as bored as she can be. She leaned on the wall and crossed her arms.

"Rhea good to see you again, are you done sleeping with every woman you set your eyes on?" Aio said with a smirk, Rhea glared at him then looked at me.

"Your woman has a plan" she said casually, I quickly got up and went to her with excitement in my heart. I've missed Lavinia so much, I wish I could see her.

"Well, it was my plan but she agreed to it." Rhea said with a smile, Aio stood up as well waiting to hear what the plan was. I was wondering what it would be and if it was good or not.

"And what is this plan that you came up with?"

"Well, as your brothers said you have to kill Maximus, alone. So the queen decided to come down here a-"

"What?! No!" I interrupted her knowing where she was going with this, I frowned at the thought of Lavinia coming here. In this dirty place filled with nasty looking men.

"She said you'd say no so she gave you this" Rhea pulled out the knife I gave to Diana the other day and around it was wrapped a thin leaf of wood.

"A letter?" I mumbled taking them from Rhea, I unwrapped the letter and opened it to read it.

I had a feeling you'll be against my plan that is the reason why I'm writing you this letter.
Venus,

As your queen, you must obey and accept my decision. I am ready to put my life in danger for my daughter's safety and future.

But as someone who cares for you, I'm doing it for your sake, for your revenge.

I'll be coming to meet you today, Maximus will be informed and when he comes here, you have to kill him. This is our last and only chance.

-Lavinia

I sat there reading it over and over again, contemplating if I should listen to my heart and stay against her plan or listen to my head and go for it. He might hurt her, when he finds out she's here. Didn't she run away from him? But now she wants him to catch her?

"What's up lover girl? Scared?" Rhea said with a smirk, I went to stand in her face which only made her smirk grow wider.

"I never thought you'd be more annoying than Aio but you're starting to get on my nerves." I said with a threatening look, I was very upset with all that's been going on and she's literally reopening wounds that are trying to heal.

"I'm just making you more mad so you get the motivation to kill him, it's gonna be a fun fight to watch. Plus who wouldn't be afraid to lose their woman" she smiled putting her hand on my shoulder, her smile was so annoying and irritating.

"At least I have a woman who's ready to fight for me just as much as I wanna fight for her" I replied watching her smile quickly drop, her jaw clenched in anger but she soon composed herself and took a deep breath.