Chapter 24

Lavinia

She was so badly hurt. She looked so beaten and wounded, I couldn't take it. I couldn't watch her get hit and pushed around like that, I even asked Marissa to take Diana back to her room so she doesn't watch her.

While Maximus was enjoying every moment of it, that's until her and her friends literally slaughter everyone. The smile was whipped out of his face so fast, he knew he couldn't kill her when the crowd was rooting for her.

"Your majesty" Marissa whispered trying to get me to look at her, I was pacing around in my chamber very anxious because I didn't know what to do, it past midnight and still didn't get any sleep and we still didn't make a move.

"Did you ask her? Did she say anything about me?" I looked at my maid, Marissa sat down in front of me with a smile on her face. I've been stuck with Maximus the whole day, this is the only time that I'm able to be alone.

"She told me where they live, but I don't think I'd be able to go to that section of the city alone. A very rough neighborhood" Marissa explained telling me the exact instructions Venus told her, I huffed and rubbed my face in frustration. 

"I won't let you go alone Marissa, we have to find away to leave this place. But every man in this castle follows Maximus' orders" how are we going to leave, I can't risk getting caught or it'll be the end for all of us. I was going to take Alba and Marissa as well because there's no way in hell I'll leave them here with him.

"Marissa, I'm gonna ask you to do something for me please." I turned to look at her with pleading eyes, she took my hands in hers asking me to continue.

" Ask her if she can find someone who'll be able to go let her brothers know we're coming, so they can meet us somewhere safe and escort us back to their place." I had no clue how we'll be able to meet them, or how Venus would let them know. But we had to try.

"Your majesty, how would she tell them? She's still captured and I don't think she'll be able to leave the colosseum anytime soon"

"I know, but we have to try or we're gonna have to go there ourselves." I explained, I stood up and grabbed the wooden knife Diana made. I couldn't give it to Marissa yesterday because I was with Maximus the whole time.

"Can you give her this? It's from Diana" I requested, she agreed and took the knife from my hands. She was already dressed in her cloak ready to leave the castle.

"Please be careful, Marissa."

After Marissa left my room, I went to check on Diana. I haven't seen my daughter since the fight this morning, when I reached the hallway where her room was located I noticed her door was already open and it's not usually like that. She always makes sure to shut the door whether she was out or inside the room.

My heart was telling me something wasn't alright so I ran to the room as fast as I could, when I went inside I was met with a figure wearing all dark and their face was masked. Their hands were wrapped around Diana's neck choking her.

"Hey!" I yelled, the person looked back at me their eyes wide, they let go of my daughter who finally got to breathe again. Her face was red and she was crying hysterically.

"Who are you?!" When he realized he got caught the man quickly jump out of the window, I ran after him and noticed the palm tree that was very close that he used to climb up here.

"Sweetheart?! I'm here, you're okay" I quickly went to my daughter and pulled her to me in a tight hug. She grabbed into my clothes so hard like she was afraid I'm going to run away.

"You're okay" I whispered kissing the top of her head, what if I didn't get here in time? What if I was too late? My daughter would be gone, she would've been killed...

I can't let this happen again, I have to leave immediately. My tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably but we had to go now before he comes back.

"Sweetheart I need you to go wear you cloak now, we're leaving tonight." I grabbed Diana's face between my hands and wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"Okay?" I whispered, she nodded her head and quickly got off the bed. She went to grab her cloak and I watched her pick up the knife that Venus gave her the other day.

"We're going to my room first so I can change then we're leaving" she gave me her hand and I held it in mine, we sneaked down the hallway until we reached my room. I changed into a less revealing dress and I put my dark cloak on, I grabbed a small bag and filled it with golden coins because I know we're gonna need the money.

"Are you ready sweetie?" I asked Diana, she gave me a nod and I smiled to reassure her that everything was going to be okay.

My heart was beating faster the closer we got to the exit, Marissa and I used to sneak out to go the market sometimes using the back garden since no one goes there.

"Diana come help me with this" we picked up the plank and laid it on top of the ditch all while making sure no one was behind us. I won't relax until we cross and we reach Venus' place.

"What about Marissa?" Diana asked while we made our way through the dark city alleys, the weather was very cold and Diana was sticking to my side. I had my arm wrapped around her shoulders while we tried not to make any noice, the streets were empty because it was a few hours before dawn.

City fountain, third entrance on the right...

We were right in front of the fountain, four different streets so I counted until the third entrance from my right and made my way towards it.

Just as we went through the dark street something stared to feel wrong, like we were being watched or followed. I gripped tighter to Diana and I kept my head down, last house on the left I repeated in my head.

How long is this stupid street? we've been walking for a while now and it still won't end. My thoughts were interrupted by my hood being snatched back harshly, I gasped as I felt my body fall back to the ground.

"What do we have here?" A manly voice said with a hint of amusement, he looked so dirty and half of his teeth have already fallen out. I quickly got up and put my hand out for Diana but she didn't run my way for some reason, the man slowly backed me against the wall and pushed his knife to my neck.

"You smell...wealthy" he growled disgustingly like an animal and pushed the knife further into my neck, I winced feeling the sharp weapon slowly cut my skin but my thoughts were on my daughter only.

From the corner of my eyes I watched Diana pull out her knife, I begged her to not make a stupid move that'll get her hurt but who am I kidding of course she'll do exactly the opposite.

She pierced the knife on the back of the guy's thigh making him scream in pain, he quickly turned and hit her across the face. Diana fell to the ground holding her face and I ran to her covering her with my body so he won't hit her again.

I was waiting for him to pull me off of her or hit me but nothing happened, I hesitantly looked up and I noticed a figure standing over us with their sword on the man's neck.

"If you wanna live another day, I suggest you leave" the feminine voice said making the guy pull his hands up in surrender, but on his face I could see mischief, he wasn't going to back away. Before he could make a move her sword sliced his neck open.

"Your majesty?!" Another voice said behind the mysterious woman, Marissa ran to me with worry all over her face and kneeled down next to me.

"What are you doing here?!" She asked quickly, I sighed in relief and wrapped my arms around her thanking the gods that we ran into each other.

"We have to move quickly" the other woman said pushing her hood off of her head, she looked familiar but I wasn't quite sure who she was.

"Rhea is right. We have to go now" Marissa helped us on our feet and I pulled Diana close to me for protection until we reached our destination.

****************************************
Hmmm...Interesting.

I need your help with something tho.

Rhea x Marissa x Alba?

Or

Rhea x one of the brothers?

Muah

-S