The Real UnSub

"Mark Hanson?" Detective Williams questioned once we told him who the UnSub was.

"Do you know him?" Brinson asked.

"I arrested his father," the detective explained. "His father was an officer here years ago. I was just starting. Got a 911 call from Mark's mother saying that his father had beaten him so badly he was unconscious. Ended up having a concussion. We arrested his father, but there wasn't much we could do. Our only witness to all the assaults was in hospital."

"Does he have a sister?" I questioned.

"He does. Kelly Hanson. She testified against her brother while he was in hospital. She said it was the first time their father ever abused him and it was only because Mark talked back to him. She said he deserved it. Unfortunately, the jury believed little Kelly more than they believed her mother and since Mark couldn't testify, his father got off with nothing more than a slap on the wrists and was fired."

"Where does Kelly live now?" I grabbed my notebook and began to write all this down. It was all making sense now. Mark never got the justice he deserved because of his little sister. All these other little girls were surrogates for Kelly and what he wished he could do to her.

"I'm not sure," Detective Williams shrugged. "Haven't see her in years. The father, however, died a few weeks back."

"What happened to him?" asked Jake.

"Heart attack. Died in his sleep."

"Too peaceful," I commented. "He died just before the murders began. Maybe Hanson seen it as more injustice. His father gets a peaceful death in his sleep and his sister is off living a good, happy life, while his life is ruined because of her. Concussions can lead to serious, life altering consequences, anything could've happened to him."

"We'll have to find him," Brinson said. "I'll call Scott and see if he can get a location on Hanson and if he can find Kelly's address."

"If anyone can do it, it's Martin," I joked. This earned me a few chuckles.

It had been a long couple of days. With the long plane ride from Virginia to England and this case, on top of whatever was going on with Henry. I was just drained. I just wanted to sleep. I couldn't wait to catch this UnSub and be back on the plane. I was going to nap the whole ride home.

Jake came over and stood next to me. "You okay?"

"Tired," I replied. "Can't wait till we catch Hanson. I hope he didn't hurt any other girls."

"I don't think so," Jake said. "Since we have Grant, he doesn't have anyone to help him kidnap the girls and set the fires. He's not going to kill until he can get another victim. I think our biggest worry right now might be Kelly."

"I can't believe she'd do that," I said, shaking my head. "If dad ever hit Sammy, or Olivia for that matter, to the point where they were in the hospital with a concussion, I'd never testify in his favor. I'd throw him in jail myself."

"He had her wrapped around his finger so if he ever did need her, she'd take his side."

I shook my head again. I still couldn't believe it. No matter what, she shouldn't have stuck up for her father. Her father pretty well ruined her brother's life. How could she stand up for a man who so violently beat her brother? Even if he treated her like a princess.

Scott finally called us and gave us the address for Kelly and the last known address for Mark. We split up. Myself, Jake, and Crew went to the address for Mark while Brinson, Henry and McBride went to Kelly's house. I managed to convince Jake not to put the sirens on. Mark must've known by now that we were looking for the killer. If he heard sirens, he might've panicked and killed the other girls.