Monroe and Haley

I was half asleep on the plane ride back from Pennsylvania. Luckily, what happened wasn't haunting my nightmares like I thought it was. I wasn't going to tell my mom and dad what happened and I made Henry promise me that he wouldn't either.

I was slowly drifting to unconsciousness when I felt someone touch my leg. Instinctively, I curled my legs closer to myself so that the person could sit down.

"So you are awake." Monroe said. I opened my eyes to look up at him.

"I was on my way out before you woke me." I mumbled. Monroe chuckled.

"I'm sorry." he said. "Can I sit?"

"Go ahead." I said and sat up. I was giving up on sleeping. We were probably almost home now anyways.

The plane was dark except for some little lights around the plane. Everyone was off doing their own things, sleeping, reading, playing cards. Stuff my mom and dad used to tell me they did on the plane.

Monroe sat down next to me.

"You okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine." I replied. "It didn't effect me as much as I thought it would. I was in shock during the moment, but now that it's over and behind me, I don't really care all that much."

Monroe smiled.

"You're perfect for this job." he said. I smiled, my face heating up just a little bit.

"That's what my Uncle Derek always says." I said with a chuckle. "He says were my parents were in the BAU and my great uncle and the fact I have my father's intelligence and all." I took a deep breath. "I'm rambling. Again, like my dad."

"It's fine! I love to hear you talk."

"Enough about me, anyways." I said, trying to ignore his complement so that I wouldn't blush more. "I wanna know more about you."

"Well, what do you want to know?"

"I already know that your name is Jacob Monroe, you're 25 and you're from Los Angeles." I stated. Monroe raised an eyebrow at me. "What? I have an eidetic memory!"

Monroe chuckled and nodded. "Right, right. Like your dad. Let's see, what else is there? I like to sing, but singing was never my passion."

"You're a good singer." I blurted. "When we were on our way to that corn field, you were singing and you were really good."

"Thank you." he chuckled. "Anyways, my parents always wanted me in law. My mom is a cop in Los Angeles and my dad is a lawyer, so I guess like you it's in my blood. I have a younger brother, but he's training to become a chief. My parents are fine with that, but they also try to get him to become a police officer or something every so often. And I'm single."

"I think it's cool that your parents are in law enforcement, too." I said, trying to ignore that last part. "Looks like we have a lot in common."

"It does. What about you? Do I get to learn more about you?"

"You didn't at the Academy?" I teased. "But, yes you can know more about me. I can draw pretty well, mainly because my dad was a very good artist and he taught me how. I have a little brother named Sammy who is 16 and an adopted sister named Olivia who is 20, turning 21 in a week. My 21st birthday is in a month. I'm something of a Daddy's Girl as I was always really close to my dad. Being on the BAU was always my dream and..." I paused for a moment, hesitant to add, "I'm also single and not exactly looking for a boyfriend at the moment."

"Oh."

I heard disappointment in Monroe's voice when he spoke. What I said was true. Right now, I wasn't looking for a boyfriend. I just wanted to focus on the job for now and maybe some time down the road I'd start dating. I mean, I was only 20, almost 21. I still had time. It's not like it's mandatory for me to start dating right that minute.

"Well, that's really cool. Are you close to your siblings?" Monroe finally asked, breaking the awkward silence between us.

"I am." I admitted. "More my sister than my brother, to be honest. I mean, I guess that's normal."

"I was close to my brother, but we had a weird relationship. There was two kinds of emotion between us. There would be the I'll-Protect-You-No-Matter-What and then there was the Get-Away-I-Hate-You. There was no where between."

I laughed and shook my head. I knew what that was like. Sammy and I were the same way. We would always protect each other, no matter what, but we would also kill each other at the blink of an eye. At the end of the day, we were brother and sister and we loved each other.

I let out a yawn. Monroe chuckled.

"Tired?" he asked. I nodded and rubbed my eyes. "Why don't you go to sleep? I say we have about an hour before we get home. I'll wake you."

"You sure?" I asked, although sleeping sounded like a perfect idea at that moment.

"Oh yeah. Go ahead."

I smiled and rested my head against Monroe's shoulder. He wrapped an arm around me, protectively. I took a moment to sneak a peak at Henry.

I thought he was asleep, but to my surprise he was awake and he was looking our way. At that moment, he had an upset look on his face. I had no idea what it meant at first, so I brushed it off. When he noticed I was looking, Henry smiled at me. I smiled back and closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

*A/N: Yes, there will be drama between Monroe and Henry, but remember Haley doesn't like either at the moment. She's focused on her job, not love*