Partnered with Henry

Once we made it to the station and got the information from head officer, Officer Wilson, Brinson set us off into groups. Henry and I were sent to the latest victim, Ruth Lancaster's house.

"So, what's this George Harvey guy like?" Henry asked as we drove to the Lancaster house.

"Well, if you see the movie, then he's this greasy looking guy with a mustache and glasses. He may seem a bit creepy when you talk to him and he builds doll houses." I said. "Look at that. That's half our profile right there."

"Plus what we know about the victimology and the abduction and disposal sights, we already have a full profile." he added. "You know, we're lucky to have such a smart girl like you on this team. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't've known about this whole The Lovely Bones tie in."

"I'm sure you would've figured it out." I said, blushing a little.

Henry pulled into the Lancaster driveway. He pulled out his FBI ID. That's when I realized I didn't have mine yet.

"Don't worry." Henry told me. "Just stick with me and if you ever need one, we'll just both use mine. Now come on."

We got out of the SUV and walked up to the door. Henry knocked. A woman with blonde hair answered. I made a note of this. In the movie, Susie's mom's hair wasn't blonde.

"Hello there." Henry said. "My names SSA Henry LaMontang from the BAU. This is my partner, Dr. Haley Reid. We're here about your daughter's murder."

"Have you caught that son of a bitch yet?" the woman asked.

"No ma'am. We were hoping to come in and see if we can find any connections between the victims to find him." I said. The woman nodded and stepped aside to let us in. "Is it okay if I look in Ruth's room?"

"Go ahead. It's the first door on your right." Mrs. Lancaster told me.

I walked down the hall and pushed open the door. The bedroom was a normal teenage girl's bedroom. Posters of the latest teen heartthrob on her wall. A neatly made bed. A desk with books, a laptop and homework. A stereo with CDs.

Pulling on my blue rubber gloves, I sat down at her desk and went into the laptop. It was pretty easy since there was no password.

There were a lot of pictures with Ruth and her friends. Ruth was a brunette, unlike her mother.

I began thinking of the book. I remembered one of the character's names in the book was Ruth. Then, something hit me. What if our UnSub was looking for a Susie?

"The mother says that Ruth wouldn't've gone off with someone unless she knew them. You okay?" Henry said, entering Ruth's room.

"Do you know the names of any of our other victims?" I asked him.

"Um, I know one was Clarissa. Why?"

"There's a Clarissa in The Lovely Bones. She was friends with Susie." I said to myself. "He's killing people like the ones from the book. What if the target he's looking for is Susie?"

"And he won't stop killing until he finds her." Henry finished. "I'll ask Mrs. Lancaster if she knows anyone by the name of Susie. You call Brinson and tell her what you found."

I nodded and quickly dialed Brinson's number. It rang a few times before she answered, "Do you have anything Dr. Reid?"

"I do, ma'am." I said. "I was looking over some pictures of Ruth Lancaster to see if we could find anything and I came up with the conclusion that the UnSub is killing girls like in The Lovely Bones. Ruth was the girl that Susie passed when she was running away from George Harvey and Clarissa was one of Susie's friends. Do you know of any other victims?"

"Uh, yeah. I have the files here. His first victim was Clarissa Jones-"

"What'd she look like?" I quickly asked.

"She was blonde." Brinson stated.

"Clarissa was blonde in the movie. What about his other victim?"

"His second victim was Holly Days. She's from Chinese decent with black hair."

"That's Susie's friends from heaven. None of George Harvey's other victims were named, but after Susie he targeted Susie's sister, Lindsay. Henry's asking Mrs. Lancaster if she knows anyone named Susie. If she does, we'll have to protect her and give the police the profile."

"Great work, Dr. Reid. When you come back, we'll get the profile together then you and Monroe can go look through the corn fields where the victims were disposed and see if we can find that little hiding spot you were talking about."

"We'll be back soon. And thank you ma'am."

Just as I hung up, Henry came into the room once again. I looked up at him, hopeful for information.

"Believe it or not, there's actually a Susie Salmon in town." he said.

"No way. How ironic."

"It gets better or worst depending on how you put it." Henry continued. "Susie Salmon was best friends with Ruth."

This didn't surprise me much. If our UnSub knew Ruth, that means they probably knew Susie, too. If they were looking for Susie, then they'd probably use a ruse like "I'm sorry about your friend. Want to talk about it?"

"Call Scott and see if you can get the home address of the Salmons. I have to go back to the station to help with the profile." I told him.

"You're a natural born Profiler, Dr. Reid." Henry complimented.

I ended up blushing again and mumbling a, "Thanks" before exiting the Lancaster house and heading back to the police station.