Taken

Henry's POV

I had trouble sleeping that night. I had a lot going on inside my head.

The pain was a factor. My face hurt like hell. I thought for a moment that Monroe had broken my nose, but after a quick check up before returning home I was proven wrong. My eye was swollen, however, and I was cut up pretty badly.

I was also pissed. Pissed at Monroe, and at myself. Monroe initiated the fight. He didn't have to get all cocky and flaunt Haley in front of me like a cat toy in front of a cat. He certainly didn't have to provoke a fight. But, on the other hand, I never should've made that dumb plan with Crew. That was the stupidest thing I could've done.

Then there was Haley.

I wasn't mad at her. Haley has never had someone like her before, let alone two guys at the one time. This was a new situation for her. I didn't blame her for not knowing that I liked her just through the subtle hints and I didn't blame her for dating the guy who actually had the balls to make a move.

When the fight was being broken up, the one thing I remembered was seeing Haley run out of the bar and Scott chasing after her. I didn't see her for the rest of the night, Scott probably took her home. That was probably the best idea.

All of this going through my head at once caused me to toss and turn most the night. Finally, I decided to get up and lie down on the couch. That's when I got the details of my suspension.

I received a text message from Brinson that explained that mine and Monroe's actions were inexcusable, however the team couldn't afford to be two agents down at the same time. So, I was set to serve my suspension for that week. Once my week was up, Monroe was set to serve his suspension. I counted this as a good thing. I needed time off to think.

Sleep finally came around 4:00 in the morning. I was on that brink between sleep and awake when I was aware of my surroundings but anything happening was probably a dream. That's why a violent banging at my front door didn't disturb me.

The next thing I knew, my door was violently beaten in and I jumped awake. Three tall figures in masks with guns entered my living room. I tried to react quickly and get up off the couch, but my blanket was tangled around my legs. One of the figures came at me and grabbed my arm, forcefully pulling me off the couch.

I hit the floor with a thud and was dazed for a moment. Next thing I knew, one of the figures was standing over me with something in his hand. A sack of some sorts. I regained myself long enough to grab his arms and try to force him off of me. I threw my leg out to kick the guy, only to be diverted by one of the other three to divert my kick. I hit the coffee table, where everything came falling off.

My phone landed on the ground. As if on cue, it began to vibrate. Haley's face and number popped up on screen. I managed to fight the guy on top of me enough that I could wiggle to get it. I reached a hand out for my phone then felt a sharp pain in my arm. I didn't have to look to know it was a bullet.

Two of the three guys held me down. The barrel of a gun was shoved in my face. My arm hurt so bad. I could feel it bleeding. I grit my teeth through the pain and grabbed the gun in my face, shoving it away just in time for it to shoot the wall then my TV.

I was growing weak. The intruders took this moment to grab me, purposefully squeezing my arm and causing me to scream. One covered my mouth while another struggled to put the bag over my head. The one covering my mouth leaned into my ear.

"You don't cooperate and that pretty little doctor gets it," he sneered.

This made me angry, but also it made me scared. I couldn't let anything happen to Haley.

They managed to get the sack over my head and the hand was removed from my mouth. I began to scream, then they knocked me out.

That's how I ended up in my unknown place. I still had the sack over my head, but now I was tied down to a chair. I knew how this worked; I didn't make a sound and I wouldn't get hurt.

There was no one around. No one had come to check on me, to see if I was conscious again. I was left by myself. If I could find out a way to wiggle one hand free, I could free myself and get to the team before whoever my kidnappers were hurt anyone else.

I wondered how long it would be until the team found out about my disappearance. Would my kidnappers send them a ransom note? Or would they leave it up to chance? If it was left up to chance, how long would it take?

Maybe Haley would be the first to find out. She had been calling me when I was in the middle of being attacked. If I didn't answer, she would figure out something was wrong, right? She'd come and see that my house had been ransacked, right?

Unless she thought I wasn't answering because I was mad at her.

My heart ached at that thought. I didn't know how Haley felt about me right now. The last time I saw her, I was fighting her boyfriend and using her co-worker to try and make her jealous. What if she thought I was mad or upset with her?

I'm not mad, Haley. I promise.

I needed to get out of here. I needed someone to find me. Now.

--------------------

Quick A/N: I'm sorry if this chapter was crappy, I just wanted to have Henry's POV of the attack and give a sort of timeline for the attack. It happened just as Haley was on his way to see Henry.

Based on this chapter and the last, do you think Jake is really involved in Henry's kidnapping?