(8) GIRL OF THE DAY

On the day of marriage bride should head towards mandap from her residence

On the day of marriage bride should head towards mandap from her residence. Everyone needs to make her comfortable before pledging for new life. But that was going to be totally different in case of Subhadra. After getting fully ready she had received a lot of compliments from her mother, sisters in law, and even from the maids who were there in her chamber. But before going to mandap her brother, Kanha took her with him after seeking permission from the ladies around her.

At first everyone was reluctant, and he had been asked questions too. Still he managed to take the bride to be with him after convincing everyone to return the soonest.

"Don't question him anymore. We will be back in time," It was final statement, belonged to Subhadra which allowed both of them to leave, finally.

Both headed towards outside of palace.

"Won't you ask me about our destination?" Kanha was holding one side of  Subhadra's skirt to help her managing her steps with the weight and length of the skirt.

"I am with the one who's a destiny maker. Asking about destination to him won't sound like wise," She smiled allowing the redness of her lips spread widely.

"So, you aren't asking about destination to maintain your impression as a wise person!" He chuckled at the breath taking cuteness beside him.

"No, that question isn't worthy to be asked. That's why I am not asking," Admiring his smile she told the fact.

They both stopped in front of the cowshed of palace.

"You know, I have so many memories with them. The happiest portion of my life belongs to them," Kanha spoke indicating cows.

"I know that well, Bhratashri. They love you dearly now too, so as you do," Subhadra smiled at a pair of cow and calf tied together.

"You know, they are partners of my naughtiness too along with dau and my other friends. I used to free cows and calves from others cowshed. I used to let calves drink milk the fullest without leaving a single drop of milk for others to drink," They both laughed out their heart  together.

"Whenever I went to forest with cows to graze them Yashoda maiya used to count me long list of instructions to be followed, and at last she used to say..........," Before he could complete she did that.

"Don't go far, Kanha!" She told in a trance.

"I am sorry, Bhrathashri. I addressed you by your name," She apologized instantly after she came out from the trance.

"No need, Gudiya. I love to hear this name from my dear ones. Call this name sometimes. It's feeling like Yashoda maiya is calling," Focusing his gaze on her he was trying to control over the moistness of his eyes.

"Bhratashri, if we had to relive memories then we could have brought dau too, hadn't we?" The purpose of bringing her there was about to be revealed.

"No, we didn't come here for this purpose. Dau's presence wasn't needed. That's why I didn't inform him," He answered making her curiosity to gather to be turned into focus later.

"Gudiya, cow is considered as a sign of prosperity for each household. We get enough from her for our necessity and nourishment. She's a part of each household, but............," He paused before uttering any word to check her expression. She was neither astonished nor panicked.

"Go ahead, Bhratashri. I am waiting to welcome your rest of words," She assured him calmly.

"But cow remains outside of house. She is one of the dear ones, but detached from everyone," He shifted his eyeballs sightly away from her to compose himself before speaking something else.

"In life somewhere a point comes to stand behind of your soulmate instead of standing beside. Sometimes being out of the circle considered to be the greatest care," He looked into her eyes to find the glimpse of either sadness or shock, but he found nothing except serenity.

"I will remember these words, and will hold their essence higher than any other emotion in my life," She smiled gently yet genuinely.

"You are smiling over serious words! It's not any joke I cracked," He tried to impose the seriousness of his words over her.

"Serious words need attention, not anxiety and agony, Bhratashri. I am attentive towards words. So, your words got what they truly deserved," Slight playfulness along with the shade of wiseness joined her charming smile.

"Absolutely right," He was about to hug her, but she indicated him that he was holding one side of her skirt. That stopped him, but not the chain of laughter which came into existence.

"I got the best gift for my wedding," She leaned on him slightly though both of them couldn't embrace each other.

"What's that gift?" He asked.

"Your guidance, the words exclusively meant for me," He lose the control over his tears which were all evident in the corner of eyes.

He knew about the future, her future, the hurdles to come ahead, the happiness which won't last long. That was why he brought her along with him to exchange those words which he couldn't in anyone's presence.

"I am not going today, not going away even from you," She pouted at his tears making him chuckle.

"Let's go back before dau gather army to find us, especially the girl of the day," He turned back with her to leave.

"But more than that I fear Parth would be faint being restless if your appearance got delayed in front of him," She didn't mind joining his laugh though he was teasing her.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏