(29) A CONCLUSION FROM PAST

Dreadful past doesn't not always hover our senses to haunt us as this too has one more side which rescue us from havocs reducing the harshness of those

Dreadful past doesn't not always hover our senses to haunt us as this too has one more side which rescue us from havocs reducing the harshness of those. This may sound weird to many as not everyone might have experienced these words. Truth is always beyond each experience and expectation. So, this statement can't be denied on basis of lack of experiences among us.

After reaching at garden Arjun saw Subhadra was sitting on a bench with grandsire Bhishma, and both were talking with a cheerful smile. Arjun went little closer to them. Bhishma was narrating the stories of Kuru ancestors to Subhadra.

"Arjun, would you like to join us?" Bhishma asked noticing Arjun at a short distance.

"Of course, Grandsire. In childhood I had heard so many stories from you. I would like to relive those vibes," Arjun came to front, and settled himself near Subhadra carefully maintaining the distance.

"I have almost completed the tales of ancestors till my father's generation. Next I was going to say about your father to Subhadra," Arjun got emotional at mention of his father.

"Please go ahead, Grandsire. I am more than eager to hear," Subhadra urged making Arjun nod like a child at her request.

Bhishma started to narrate about Arjun's father late king Pandu, about his valour, his victories and his virtues. Each word about him was making moistness pooled up in Arjun's eyes. Subhadra held Arjun's hand to console him. He too didn't mind to free his hand out of her hold.

"You know, I was the happiest after Pandu being the king. I thought I would be free from the responsibilities of  Hastinapur. He was not only a capable king but also compassionate too towards subjects," Bhishma was lost in the happy reminiscence of that time.

"But all my hope met the end of a bubble when Pandu got cursed by sage Kindum for shooting arrow on him and his wife unknowingly," Arjun sniffed slightly over the cause which snatched his father away.

Pandu went to live in forest renouncing throne. Dhritarashtr had to be the king whose darkness of life has only one Lord, and that's Shakuni who is pledged to destroy Kuru clan," Bhishma sighed halting his narration.

"Life is too short to hold any emotion to us for long, may it be happiness or sorrow. We should keep moving on," Bhishma hugged Arjun tightly before taking his leave.

"Let me drop you to your chamber," Arjun gestured Subhadra to follow him.

"Please consider grandsire's words. Please come out of the guilt in which you are pushing yourself deeper and deeper. Seeing you like this is the worst punishment to me," He wasn't much surprised that she knew his heart, but he was surprised over the fact that she asked something from him mentioning herself.

"I will try for sure. Don't be worried. I am here with you. Go and get a sound sleep,"  He caressed her hairs slightly before bidding good night to her.

Arjun went to his chamber

Arjun went to his chamber. Draupadi slept placing Shrutakarma near her. Arjun sat on couch quietly closing his eyes to meet his father years back in flashback. The days of his childhood with his father were the ecstatic one which taste didn't return to repeat itself in his life.

He used to be a cheerful and carefree boy instigating his younger brothers to do mischiefs, escaping from punishments faking loveliness, getting pamper of mothers taking advantage of being their obedient, enjoying nectar of the nature fullest to his life. Everything was so blissful.

His father used to take care of family a lot. He was so considerate about everyone's need in family. While playing with him and his brothers their father was like a friend to them, while advising them was an affectionate mentor and while caring about them the concern of his heart was no less than any delicate petal of lotus.

He had wished those days to continue whole lifetime, but one day everything scattered when his father left this world. After his demise Arjun and his brothers' came to know about their father was cursed to die. Though Pandu had guilt of death of sage Kindam and his wife he didn't burden that over his family. He was always a smiling person fulfilling all his duties till the end as much as he could.

Arjun smiled in remembrance of his father's smiling face.

"You are really great, Pitashri. Achieving something isn't appreciable only but keep moving ahead through each odd too. You portrayed that clearly in your life. Despite being guilty of your unknown deed you were such a good care taker of family!" Some tear drops dripped down his chin in respect of his father.

Arjun was guilty of not standing with Subhadra even though she wished to handle the situation alone. That guilt had become multiple folds thinking about his helplessness in Draupadi's grief and in separation from Ullupi and Chitrangada. In share of Subhadra he added his other wives' states as his guilt.

"I am sorry, Pitashri. You proceeded ahead with your guilt, but I held that to me gathering each bit. What a huge mistake I did, and continued to repeat that each day!" He exclaimed over those moments when he didn't even consider about his wrong steps.

"Now I won't continue with my mistake. Many days of my life I lost to my guilt, but from now I won't. I will talk to Subhadra, and will bring back her smile which is vanished due to me," Smiling to himself he decided.

"But I have to wait for three days. I will surprise her on our special day which will grace us soon," His smile widened at his own words.

A special day was on it's way to pull both of them into it's seraphic scenario. Blow of wind, fragrance of earth, essence of each goodness was making themselves ready perform well in that scenario.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏