(16) END OF WAIT

Decorations offer a good time to be engaged in a conversation prioritising admiration as an initial topic

Decorations offer a good time to be engaged in a conversation prioritising admiration as an initial topic. Those kind of conversations go a long way randomly yet cheerfully.

After making Subhadra get ready in royal attire Draupadi complimented her genuinely which initiated their conversation for a considerable period of time. Noticing Subhadra adjusting her attire few times Draupadi realised that their conversation dragged more than usual making Subhadra uncomfortable in heavy attire with heavy jewelleries.

"Are you fine, Subhadra? Looks like you are not habituated being heavily decked up," Draupadi was concerned after what she noticed.

"You are right. I always prefer light jewelleries according to my comfort," Subhadra shared her choice with Draupadi.

"But at least few days you have to bear heavy jewelleries as you are a newly wedded bride. After that you can return back to your preference," Subhadra nodded at Draupadi's advice.

"I am taking my leave, Jyeshtha. Arya must be waiting for me," Draupadi flashed a small smile at Subhadra before her departure.

After Subhadra left Draupadi's face fallen which was her actual expression when Subhadra told Arjun must be waiting for her. Draupadi's reaction wasn't jealousy, but the sorrow that her wait didn't end even after arrival of Arjun. Still she had to wait more, the thought changed her cheerful mood into a dull one.

After reaching at chamber Subhadra didn't find Arjun there. She sat on bed settling her heavy attire. When she was engrossed in doing so a pair of hand joined her task.

"How was your meeting with Panchali?" Arjun acted as if he doesn't know anything.

"It was great. I got her acceptance," Subhadra answered holding his hand after the task is done.

"Not only acceptance, her affection too," He caressed her palm gently.

"How do you know about this?" She raised eyebrows at him making him realise the secret of following her was about to come out.

"You aren't good in hiding your acts, and your moves even. That's how a true warrior should be as a warrior has nothing to hide, but sometimes he has to maintain secrecy according to national interest," After listening these words of Subhadra Arjun was sure that she knew his secret.

"Did you notice me while following you towards Panchali's chamber?" Subhadra giggled at suspicious expression of Arjun.

"No, I didn't notice you. I didn't even know that you were following me. I just tricked you to reveal this secret," Subhadra exchanged a witty look with Arjun which made him smile.

"You know from today my year with Panchali is going to start," He paused to observe her expression.

"Why are you conveying this in a slow pace? Do you think that I will be sad over this fact? Feelings maybe fragile at some points, but those are only true feelings which get up to stand again after an accidental fall down," Without blinking eyes he was listening her with full attention.