(22) ASSURANCE, BEFORE BEING AWAY

Truth isn't transparent sometimes to be traced at it's very first sight

Truth isn't transparent sometimes to be traced at it's very first sight. That's why no wonder if you can't recognize truth even if that continues to hint about itself. Intelligence isn't only enough to make you figure out the truth, not intuition is to make your heart feel the truth. Some other situational factors too needed to enlighten the truth to these emotions mentioned here.

Before function started Draupadi and Subhadra served cold drinks to guests from Hastinapur as daughters in law had to attend the immediate family of their in laws. Arjun noticed that Subhadra was uncomfortable around Duryodhan even though he didn't show any gesture like that. That was surprised him.

Arjun knew that Subhadra didn't have any such discomfort for Duryodhan. She had addressed him "Bhrata" genuinely when he had come to attend her birthday celebration. Arjun noticed the same discomfort in Subhadra's gesture throughout the function, and during dinner when she served everyone along with Draupadi.

He couldn't stand with her either during function or during dinner. During function he had to stand with his brothers and Draupadi to receive wishes of guests, and during dinner he also sat with everyone to have food.

After dinner Arjun visited Subhadra, but at that time she was chatting with Pradyumn in chamber. On behalf of Dwarka Pradyumn came to attend the function as Kanha and dau were stuck in administrative issues. Arjun didn't wish to disturb them. So, he went back. After going to Draupadi's chamber he couldn't revisit Subhadra as he was indulged in conversation with Draupadi being nostalgic about memories of their marriage.

Next morning some unexpected words shocked Arjun. Pradyumn requested to take Subhadra to Dwarka with him as Raksha bandhan was about to come, and administrative issues had no signs to get resolved till that time in Dwarka. So, dau and Kanha would haven't come to visit Subhadra.

Arjun accepted the request unwillingly. He had to talk with her, had to soothe her discomfort, but there was no chance left to do so. He didn't want to arise her discomfort through discussion before her journey to her maternal home. He had promised them to take care of them, but couldn't give his fullest to that promise.

It wasn't not that he wanted to hide his lacuna from her family. It was just he wanted her journey to be a pleasant one. He wanted her to flood her family with happiness with her happy smile which they asked for her from the divine.

"So, till when can you return?" Arjun asked helping Subhadra choosing her stuff to pack.

"Means after how many days can I expect your return?" He modified his question at her surprised stare towards him.

"Raksha bandhan is after three days. So, before two weeks I may not return," She answered siding her stuff neatly to pack at once.

"What two weeks!" He exclaimed. Then controlled his facial expressions.

"This possibility is the least one which I assume about my stay there," She put effort to smile a little.

"Won't you urge to come back if they wish to stop you there for more than two weeks?" Emotions clouded up in his eyes to attract her eyes into an eye lock.

"I am not going to stay there long to be your yearning again," She whispered softly making him smile after a slight chuckle.

"Why don't you want to be my yearning again? You had fun while haunting me being my yearning since years," He flashed a playful gesture in hope of getting the same shade of smile he wanted from her.

"Because I can't have any fun in haunting you knowingly. Whatever I did since years as per you words was unknown to me. I was unaware of that, but I can't cause you even slightest of discomfort as you can't do the same to me," Her words surprised him. She knew his heart, why didn't he initiate any discussion about yesterday.

His eyes got moistened at her understanding. He was scared of losing that to the chaos in between them, but that wasn't like moon which kept growing gradually and suddenly disappeared one day. The understanding in between them was like star which might face variance of directions time to time yet would be still maintaining it's existence.

Before his emotions could pull both of them into closeness attendants came to to take her packed stuffs to chariot. They didn't get time to exchange any more words. They departed towards main entrance. Seeking everyone's wishes and blessings Subhadra left with Pradyumn.

"She don't want to cause any discomfort to me. But how the hell can I wait for her calmly, especially after what had happened in past few days?" He used to spend his time with this question in silence though he had everyone around him.

"I wish I could figure out her discomfort. I know the reason, but don't know in which way that was working," Secondary to his question this thought used to have his attention.

Arjun knew that Subhadra had discomfort. He discovered the reason which was Duryodhan, but he was clueless how that reason kept reasoning her discomfort to rise. He was struggling to understand the matter.

Situational factors had started to pose at their places, even started to play their roles inside him. Just a instance was needed to make him realise for what he waited.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏