(20) DETERMINED TO DERIVE

For opening a strangled knot one should know about the way how that got strangled

For opening a strangled knot one should know about the way how that got strangled. More than being serious in attempts of opening the knot the focus should be on the surface from where the issue arose. After knowing Draupadi's thoughts about her marriage Subhadra had lessened closeness with Draupadi. Reason wasn't her dissatisfaction over Draupadi. It was something else to be revealed later.

Subhadra even started to avoid Arjun. Each night when he came to his chamber to wish Subhadra good night she used to sleep before his arrival. Continuance of that behaviour of Subhadra was indicating something fishy to Arjun.

Before asking her he thought to check her schedule once to confirm with what she was involved. Yudhishthir had alloted education department of Indraprastha to Subhadra to assist Sahdev who was the head of that department. Both were sharing the responsibility of that department together.

Arjun thought to figure out the answers he wanted to know from his cleverest brother. He proceeded ahead towards library where the embodiment of intelligence of his family, Sahdev was spotted most of the time.

"Dev, what's going on?" Arjun didn't find any suitable initiation to a conversation.

"Panipat, Bhrata Arjun. Nothing such specific was going on. I was just checking the organisation of philosophy section," Sahdev replied placing the book of philosophy back which he was holding.

"Looks like bond in between brother in law and sister in law is growing well," Arjun complimented eyeing the large collection of books in philosophy section.

"Right said, Bhrata. I am glad to have a person who shares my likeness about philosophy," Sahdev received the compliment happily.

"You are expressing your happiness about Subhadra's company as if we were used to torture you about your likeness," Brothers chuckled at Arjun's joke.

"What's your current schedule, Dev?" Arjun asked genuinely to avoid any kind of suspension over him.

"We have decided to arrange a graphical exhibition for children to enhance the level of moral education in them," Sahdev replied in short.

"What you guys gonna portray in that exhibition?" Arjun asked to discover more about the purpose.

"We will portray some moral stories, good values and ethics through graphics. Bhabhi shouldered all the responsibilities. I am just supervising the arrangements," Sahdev explained the current situation of the plan.

"I appreciate the idea. It's truly nice," Complimenting Sahdev again the duo chatted for some more time.

After talking to Sahdev Arjun decided to dismiss his doubt regarding Subhadra's behaviour. Though his heart wasn't fully ready to accept the task as the reason of her sudden attitude change his mind convinced him.

More than a week passed

More than a week passed. The exhibition completed successfully. Still there was no change in Subhadra's behaviour. Her distance from both Arjun and Draupadi was maintained well from her side.

"Arya, did you notice Subhadra's ignorance? Is there anything wrong in between both of you?" Once Draupadi asked Arjun during their morning stroll in garden.

"No, there's absolutely no issue in between us. She's not ignoring us, Panchali. She checks upon your comfort, your wellbeing regularly even though you have my presence near you. She is both caring and cautious while serving you and your pregnancy," Draupadi nodded at Arjun's statements.

"But her cheerfulness is missing in all these. She's there for my need, but not for me," Draupadi sighed taking some steps in silence.

"She's hesitating to our presence due to some reason. Don't worry. I will figure that out soon," Arjun assured caressing Draupadi's hand which he was holding.

"Do you remember when you both had a conversation happily?" She started to go back to that day through flashbacks after he questioned her.

"I remember, Arya!" Jerking from her position she narrated the whole conversation with Subhadra on that day.

After hearing that narration Arjun's face colour changed. Numerous thoughts started to ponder over his mind, but he had no wish of bothering Draupadi who didn't have any idea what mess that conversation had created.

Smiling at her he lead her inside the palace. After dropping her in her chamber he rushed to his chamber to find Subhadra. Luckily she was there.

"Subhi, I am sorry. Sorry for not being expressive about my love for you before marriage to Panchali. But.....," He was catching the normal pace of his breathing without stressing his words.

"You want to make the revelation smooth for her, I know. I am not upset over that. Even I am not upset over anyone," Subhadra indicated him to sit while completing his words and conveying her words to him.

"But you didn't share this matter to me. Why so?" He pulled her gently to sit beside him.

"I had a greater cause ahead, Arya!" He smiled in content over her dedication towards her duties though he wasn't ignorant to her that virtue.

"So, were you about to share this matter with me?" He asked holding that smile.

"Maybe, I don't have any certain answer for this question," She got up from her place.

Then he realised there was something she wasn't comfortable about. He looked at her. Except a lost expression there was nothing. He made his mind to figure out that on his own instead of pressurising her into discomfort.

"Do you know which occasion is coming ahead?" He changed the topic in hope of normalcy in air.

"Yes, I know. Mata told me about that. It's going to be the first family function for me. I will arrange it grandly," She smiled, but that was devoid of the essence of her usual self.

Being unable to take that situation more he too reciprocated her smile slightly, and left.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏