LXVI. So what now?

"...I'm telling you, he just suddenly got weird after the other's visit last week." I said before taking another sip from my frostee, only to stop when i hear my companion chuckling, I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Woah, hold up, don't look at me like that, not my fault you're that dense." Ann said after chewing her chips, I rolled my eyes at her.

"Styx, you' re at it again Ann, How many times am I going to have to tell you to stop reading those romantic mangas," I whined, this time she rolled her eyes at me.

"But Yuuuuuuu-chan, just think about it, you were sorrounded by Guys, great looking ones at that, not to mention his older brother of a princely type, and you' re verrry close to them, especially again, the older brother, you said he pulled you away from him and had been doing it subtly-unsubtle since then, come on now, can't you see?" Ann said as she tried to explain her manga thoughts making me shake my head at her.

"Ann, Ryoma and I grew up together before they left to transfer here, and I on the other district, It's just like muscle memory for us to be together now, especially now that we're nearby each other." I explained she scoffed and shook her head at me.

"You're really going with that?" She said, I just shrugged at her as I finished my frostee.

"Unbelievable." She said as she went back into munching her snacks with a frown.

"How about you then?" She asked after a couple of minutes of peace and silence.

I turned to her in confusion.

"What about me, what?" I asked.

She leaned forward as she kept our eye contact.

"How do you see him?" She asked, I looked at her in confusion, then it hit me.

I kept my facial expression the same as I roll my eyes and leant back, away from her observing eyes.

"As Ryoma, my childhood bestfriend since our diaper days, how else?" I said.

She continued to stare before she moved bCk to sit properly, then she smirked.

"Have you finally figured it out?" She asked.

Daaaaaamn, she picked up on it.

"Figured out what exactly, Ann? I'm not following—"

"Your pupils dilated when in the middle of your silence." Ann said knowingly with a small smirk playing at her slightly salt anf oil covered lips, due to her snacks.

"It was bright—"

"It's the other way around, you taught me that before, remember?" This time a huge smirk is plastered on her face as she caught me.

Ah, daaarn iiit.

"Shouldn't have thrown you that fun fact." I hissed as I crossed my arms, she laughed.

"You already know of your feelings then?" She asked, I sighed and nodded making her squeal in return.

"And have you or have you not been denying his very possible feelings for you too?" Ann asked with a full on grin, i stared at her rather than  answering, she flinched a bit as my eyes went to her hand which held her alighted phone with—

"Were you recording me just now?!" I hissed as I jumped to reach for her phone, to which she had successfully avoided as she laughed.

"I need evidence Yu-chan, I know you're not dense but Ryoma? Even if you tell him you like him now he'll just think of it as you liking his presence and liking how you to go necl to neck whenever you 2 play." Ann said as she avoided my advances to her phone.

"And you k ow that how?" I asked as I stopped, she rolled her eyes at me.

"Ryuzaki Sakuno, does that ring a bell?" I felt my body getting cold at the mention of the name.

Of course I know her, apart from meeting her just this year and having Kikumaru senpai tease me with my subtle unease at her that he had surprisibgly caught on, her name has been popping out even before, whenever Ryoma and I  are talks about some activities...

Most of the activities, she was there, either being annoyed by the constant appearance and noise of a certain Little Ryuzaki and Noisy Osakada.

Or having the old man set him up into teaching the Coach's grand daughter to play tennis, when she has her own grandmother who coaches their tennis team.

Or having him go on an outing with her to play tenni—

Doesn't that sound lik a date? Even thoug it was just them playing tennis of some sort, it was just the 2 of them, and I remember Ryoma telling me one time that he went to play Arcade with her when the Old man had yet again set him up into going with Ryuzaki.

And the separate moments where he had to protect her from either a flying ball coming from her way as she was inattentive enought to see the ball while she wa sin a tennis court, or just really being bullied by some guys because of her 'timidity', which was somehow always present whenever she's in the tennis courts or near Ryoma.

I face palmed as I sighed.

Of ourse I knew.

I know Ryoma likes me and that he might not have really thought about me as anything but as being his childhood best friend, playmate, tennis buddy and all platonic things possible to add in.

I even once thought that he might be reciprocating Ryuzaki's feelings for her as it wasn't a secret that Ryuzaki really likes him.

He never said anything about the matters of the heart with me though, be it before or now.

So what now, self?

"Yu-chan...?" I was snapped out of my souring thoughts at the familiar voice, I even heard a squeal from beside me, when I looked up, I was greeted by a worried smile that still shines brightly, I smiled back, though not as enthusiastic as usual.

"Are you stalking me now, model-kun?" I asked playfully, though my heart'a not really into it, he chuckled unsurely before turning to Ann.

"I'm sorry, I am Ryota, one of Yu-chan's friends from Junior High School, May I borrow our Yu-chan for a moment?" He asked, Ann nodded with her mouth slightly open.

I sighed and stood up beside Kise.

"Ryo, Meet Ann Tachibana, Ann Meet Ryota, he's one of my headaches from before." I said jokingly, Ryota turned with a pout.

"HEY!"

I chuckled at that before turning back at the still gawking Ann.

I smiled at her.

"Your  brother's team should be arriving soon, Tell your brother I'll play with him next time, kay?"
I said, she nodded speechlessly making Ryota and I chuckle.

"Thank you for lending you ear Ann, till next time!" I said, this she seemed to have snapped out and was about to say something bur stopped as her phone rang, Ryo and I, bid our goodbyes and left her before she answered her phone and waved goodbye to us.

————–—

OMG been a loooong time!

I saw this one reader added my story into a reading list that sort of say 'will probably not be updating anymore' something like that  hahahahahaha

Sorry for not updating, I got so busy and been meaning to update but whenever I try to type, nothing comes at all, thank you for everyone's patience tho!

06:42AM
12102022