LXXII. Seirin's Trump Card

We both had left the issue at the back of our minds for now as we made our way to where Shutoku's and Seirin's game is being held.

Momoi had powered through as she speed-walked to the courts, we are already very late so surely it was already a very heated Match. I let Momoi run as I just followed, and had finally arrived as I see Momoi talking with Kise.

"It's a little weird standing with someone who beat us, but we're both going to the Winter Cup, How about a temporary Truce?" Kise asked, I stayed by the door, trying to remain unseen for now as Momoi agreed.

"Anyway, how's the game going?" Momoi asked, making me move to see the courts properly.

"It's getting pretty interesting," Kise answered, as they all stood to watch, Momoi gasped as soon as she saw the Carrot.

"They're double-teaming Midorin?" she asked in surprise, while I just stayed silent, what the hell happened before we arrived?

"They're not letting Midorima-chin take any shots," Kise said.

in that case, The Oho-asa believer must have shown something new, and that is enough to make Seirin take things this way, If Tetsu's new light is not enough for him then it's really something new, not to mention Kagami had started breaching the gates of the Miracles, but if they're all focused on Midorima, who's a 3-pointer, what'll happen on the inside? surely they understand that Yes, Midorima is a Miracle, but the other players of Shutoku aren't just decorations either.

My thoughts were interrupted when Kisa and Momoi spoke in surprise.

"They're fast!"
"What a quick attack!"

"Isn't it that Seirin's style actually is Run-and-gun speed basketball?" I asked, calling the attention of the 2.

"Yu-chin!" Kise called in surprise as he immediately enveloped me in a back hug.

"run-and-gun speed basketball...? how did you know this Yuki-nee?" Momoi asked in confusion, the smaller girl shrugged.

"I researched about them as soon as I found out where Tetsu is, 2 things changed as soon as Kiyoshi Teppei returned, one is the strengthening of their inside, and the other is the quickening of their passing by cycling the ball with their point guard. It's as simple as High-paced point wars are Seirin's real specialty when they started. It's a smart play rather than  just giving out poor defense, however, I don't think that's enough for this game at the moment." I said, Kise nodded, with his head placed above my head.

"Kagami's jumping gone higher than before," Kise said, I pulled away and looked up at him.

"Has the Carrot been making him jump since the start of the game?" I asked, Kise nodded.

"And Kuroko-chin's Misdirection is Useless with that Takao guy near him, too." Kise informed me additionally making me nod in understanding.

"Ah, so it would be a game of endurance then," Momoi said as she understood what was happening, then the 1st half is done.

"Wow, they're really excited," Momoi commented as she heard the audience's impatience.

"yeah," Kisa answered as he stood beside me, sandwiching me with Momoi.

"Ki-chan, how do you think the 2nd half will go?" Momoi asked.

Kise seemed surprised at the question and then seemed to have thought about it.

"I have no idea," he said with a bright smile after a moment, making me stagger at his uselessness at the moment.

"You really are useless." Momoi aid in reply, making me chuckle a bit.

"The second half will definitely be a point war, Ne Yu-chin?" Kise said as he faced back towards the court, one hand hanging around my shoulders.

I shrugged before answering,

"Seirin is at a disadvantage though," I said, surprising Momoi, while Kise nodded in agreement.

"They have no way to stop Shutoku, but it's not as though Shutoku can't stop Seirin," I explained.

"Seiring will be the first to fall then," Kise said, I nodded in agreement, then I remembered Tetsuya's message yesterday, making me smirk.

"Well, that's only True without Tetsu," I said, Kise smirked as he let out a sound of agreement.

Momoi seemed confused as she looked down to look for Tetsu.

"He won't be able to keep his mouth shut, The Phantom 6th man of the Generation of Miracles is the real deal," Kise said making me smile at him.

"Kuroko needs to be in the court even if just to break the Ice that's making Seirin lose," I commented.

"You know something, don't you?" Kise asked as both he and Momoi looked at me in suspicion, I just smirked and nodded towards the court, where they have now started the second half.

"Oh? he's cooperating with the Takao-guy? Oh!!! He just smiled!" I excitedly said as I saw a small smile graze his face,

after a couple of moments, I sighed.

"No matter how fast Seirin is if the opponents know what to expect it wouldn't really change that much," Momoi commented, I nodded in agreement.

Then it happened, when Midorima had gotten the ball, Kagami faltered and wasn't able to jump.

"It's starting then," I commented, His knees are already feeling the fatigue of jumping like a frog at all times, not to mention running and squatting.

"Midorin's changed, hasn't he?" Momoi commented after a couple of moments, making me look at her, she turned and smiled at me.

"Really?" Kise asked, Momoi looked up at him with a smile.

"So have you, Ki-chan." She said.

"What? How so?" Kise asked, Momoi just smiled.

"Are you sure he hasn't been changed?" Kise asked, making us all look back toward the Carrot on the Court.

"I wonder what it is... Since playing with him and meeting Yu-chin again, I stopped thinking of relying on others as a weakness. It's something you can't do without strength." Kise said as his eyes went to Tetsu on the bench, I smiled as my eyes stayed at the light blue-haired lanky boy at the Seirin's bench, only to grin as I saw Tetsu standing up.

"He's finally coming off the bench!!!" I excitedly said.

"Seirin's dropped their pace," Kise said.

"If they attacked carelessly after bringing in their Trump card, they'll completely lose control of the flow of the game," Momoi said, I nodded.

"They're Calculating the best time to use their Trump Card."  I commented, then it soon happened, Tetsu moved from Takao's defense only for Takao to be screened by Kagami, Switching.

I chuckled as I saw Tetsu heading towards Midorima, and laughed loudly as he caught the Ball, he can't use Misdirection whenever he has the ball, It's not about speed or skill anymore when it comes to Tetsu...

"Haha, look at the Carrot! Look how shocked he is oh my god, I need a picture of this!" I said as I pulled out my phone and zoomed into his face, taking another picture of his frozen state, when i turned to the 2 beside me, both are also shocked at what had just happened, so I also took pictures of both their faces haha.

"Kuroko-chin..." 

"Tetsu perfected his drive," Momoi muttered, making me glance at her and smile.

"Now they're back where they started," I said.

------------------------------------------------------------

So, I had to watch the episodes to update, I was so excited, and still thinking why Midorima's eyes are so pretty? like why add those lashes, it made him look so good. 😭

Another updateee~ yiiiie~

05:59AM
011723