XVIII. A Glimpse of The Joker

As soon as we both made it into our position, he smirked.

"You thought you can escape your fate once you left Basketball?" He said, I didn't answer as I let myself pulled by my consciousness and let my instinct go on, but before that.

"Weren't you the ones who left me first?" I answered then he started making his way to the ring for a point, after a few close encounters of him getting past me, and some stealing here and there...

He had gained 2 points.

"1 more and we're done." He smugly said, I stood up as He dribble the ball in front of me, Stretched my arms, and neck for a bit before looking up at him.

"You remember what they called me back then?" I asked as I went back to position.

"Lady Luck." He said, I scoffed.

"That's how the Male team called me, but you see... before becoming Basketball's Lady Luck..." let my words hang as I stole the ball out of his hands, his eyes widened as I step back from him, bouncing the ball like how I did the first time, I can only rejoice inside my head as I see how shocked he is.

"I am and will always be... The Joker." I said then smirked as I faked left, he followed, to the right he followed, turned and something that I had never tried on any of the Miracles before, a fake ankle break, where they don't usually fall on their behinds only weakens the other side, but the second consecutive ankle break will as they will be using their force a bit too much after the recent weak ankle break.

As soon as he fell, I smirked at him and...

Did a high arched 3 point shot.

"How do you think your 3-pointer perfected his high arched shots when he was just originally a perfect 3 pointer?" I asked then turned my back on him, I was already about to walk my way towards the awaiting Tennis Teams who are gaping at shock when I was pulled back and forced to turn.

"Come to Too, Come With Satsuki and I, Come to me." He said as he grip my wrist, I tilted my head at him.

"Why? You don't need me there, Do you? You proved that when you started thinking that 'the only one who can beat you is you'., when you started playing by yourself, When you forget about your own shadow., when you forgot about me, So what use would I be if I come to You?" I spat as I pull my wrist away from him and step back.

"Aren't you good enough to play by yourself? ... Aren't you all?" I asked sarcastically before walking out.

Leaving the others as I went to wash my face at the nearest sink.

---------
"Wh-why? we've been winning all our matches, Why dissolve the club?" I asked our Coach as he had told me that the Female Basketball Team will be on its last year this year, there will be no more Female Basketball Team next school year.

"Dear, I know how good you are and the others are, but I'm not getting any younger now, I can't be balancing between 2 teams anymore., beside you know our quota for every year and according to the evaluation a lot of our members have alredy left in the middle of the year."  I bit my lip at that, I can't retort anything as all he had said were all true.

I heard Coach sighed.

"I'll announce it after The InterSchool matches, I'll have to ask you to be quiet about this for now, Will you?" I nodded as I sighed in resignation nefore leaving our Coach's Office.

why couldn't they just dissolve it once We graduate...

I stopped on the Middle of the Corridor as I looked down, where the Outside Basketball Court is, I see a familiar Baby Blue haired guy trying to shoot.

I sighed as I made my way down to him.

"I thought you've already given up on shooting?" I asked, making him jump on my sudden question and appearance.

"Hanazakari-San." He politely greeted me.

"Kuroko-san." I greetd back as I smiled at him, he stared for a bit before he bounced the ball towards me.

"You seem sad." He said, I let out a pained smile as I stare at the Ball.

"I am Sad." I said before dribbling it lightly, Like i always would...

Like a Cat playing with a ball of yarn.

"Your dribbling is calming." I faltered as he suddenly said that, making me stare at him on wonder.

"It's exactly why I dribble it like that." I said, Amusement filling my voice, he jusy nodded.

"Have you ever wondered how you would play if you're not just playing shadow?" I asked, He stopped and again, stared at me in wonder.

"I am a shadow, There's no need for me to think of other things." He said, I just nodded.

if that's how he sees himself and is good at what he's doing, then who am I to butt in and judge?

"Then How about this, Since you're still trying to shoot, I'll give you something to work on whenever you're bored." I said with a smile.

he looked at at me in confusion.

I chuckled.

"Try and guard me, I'll show you something." I said, he nodded and placed himself in front of me and positioned himself to guard me.

"Your stance is quite good." I commented as I started moving from left to write, Loosely moving, No need to get all serious.

then suddenly the next thing that can be heard was the ball's sound of bouncing on the rim before getting in.

I smirked as he turned in surprise, watching as the ball bounce below the ring, then his eyes went to me, I winked.

"That Drive... I didn't really need to use my speed with it, It took longer using it because you're far too observant, I haven't used that move in any games yet, and will probably won't be able to anymore, So it's up to you if, You want to learn it. You can always talk to me, ask me, and if not, then go. I just think that it would be a waste if you won't be able to have a special move apart from using misdirection." I said before leaving him.

----------------
I can still remember everything like it just happened yesterday...

The start of it all...

and the fall.

I sighed, it was then something had been thrown to my face.

"Wipe out that water or you'll end up sick!" I smirked as I did what had been said, before lookong at him and giving him a teasing smile.

"Awww, You're worried about me!" I teased he frowned.

"Nah, Mom will probably bring you to the house again and I'll end up helping her take care of you, So, NO." He said before walking away, making me chuckle.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, Ryoma-sama!" I said imitating his fangirls which made him falter.

making everyone who had beeb watching our whole exchange laugh.

he turned and glared at me, albeit not angrily but more embarrassingly.

I winked and smirked.

"Love you too!" I called loudly, I laughed as he turned red before speed walking away.

------—---------------------------
and an update!

wooh!

05:28AM
071319