03 ; i am stupid

Donghyuck did end up sprinkling a few pencil shavings on Renjun's papers. When the older notices, he just switched to eraser shavings, and that went pretty much unnoticed.

Right before he was able to sneak another load onto Renjun's freshly erased paper, the latter looked directly at him. "Donghyuck, have you ever decided to study before? You should probably do it now. Finals are, like, basically around the corner."

"Not quite around the corner." Donghyuck smiled. "Like, we're still approaching the corner."

"Our first final is at the end of May. I know that April just started but that's... like, 6 weeks. It'll be gone in a flash, and, knowing you, you'll show up for it without a pencil, scratching your head as if I haven't given you this reminder."

"Damn, okay, I'll try." Donghyuck was successfully quiet for a total of four seconds before he spoke again. "But Mr. Shin likes me."

 Plus,"Mr. Shin can't push back a final like that, Donghyuck. Plus, we'll be finding out if we got accepted for uni later this month too. You'd want to at least perform well in school for that, right?"

"I guess."

Renjun shook his head. "Oh, who am I kidding. Everything I said probably just went in one ear and out of the other. Donghyuck, I really hope you can get yourself together a little quicker. You're nice and all, but you're not the brightest bulb in the box."

Renjun was right about all the serious things he was saying completely missing Donghyuck. However, he didn't miss one small compliment. "I'm nice?"

"This is what I mean," Renjun groaned, hands tangling into his hair. "But, yes, you are. You're not to be around. Now try to not fail your finals? For me?"

Donghyuck had never been planning on failing finals, but he was going to still just say "no" to Renjun. It was a part of their routine banter. But the "for me?" had Donghyuck feeling... a little guilty. Renjun had sounded desperate, as if he didn't want the younger to get left behind.

Donghyuck tucked that into the back of his mind. "I'll try."

***

i know all finals are in june but up here in canada u write ur english PATs in may and then the rest in june so i make the rules

sudden emo moment