Shinkansen, Tokyo, Talking with the Prime Minister

Hi, this is my second update this month. I can't wait for the postponed Summoning Japan, but I will look forward to the release of the manga right after that.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 8, 2019, 14:00

Hiroshima Station

Sonomura, who brought Garzon and 98 others, waited for the bullet train to arrive.

"It's about time."

"Mr. Sonomura, this... bullet train that's coming, is it different from the ship and wagon we've been on?"

"Yes. How should I explain it...? It is a vehicle that can run faster than a ship or a car, but it can only run in a certain place."

"Hoho..."

Garzon looked in the same direction Sonomura was looking. He had no idea what it looks like, but it is exciting just to see such a well-developed vehicle in a country with such a variety of technology and history. Sonomura glanced at the electronic board.

"What are you looking at?"

"Oh, that hanging thing that shows when the next train is coming."

"Oh... I can't read a word of that 'character,' but it's nice to know when the next train is coming."

But, Garzon asked again.

"If it's going that fast, can't there be some kind of accident? Even a cart is dangerous if one of its wheels breaks..."

"No. It has been in operation for quite some time now, and no one has died as a result of malfunctions or accidents in the operation.

"Is that so? Then, is it safe?"

Sonomura nodded with a smile.

"Yes. At the very least, it is said to be the safest vehicle in our country."

Then an announcement rang out at the station, announcing an approaching train.

"Nozomi No. XX will arrive at Platform XX shortly. Please stay away from the platform doors."

The announcement startled the villagers, who looked around.

"W-where are those voices coming from!?"

Sonomura and Kunimoto held up their hands to calm them down.

"It's all right. That is a voice being broadcasted from another place. Don't worry."

They thought they would not understand what they were recording, so they explained in that way. And when they saw the bullet train stop, they muttered to themselves.

"It's so long!!"

"It's a snake. It's like a snake made of iron!!"

"An iron snake, huh. I see."

The two led the villagers one after another into the parked bullet train. Once inside, they were surprised by the warmth and brightness of the train, and even more surprised by the softness of the chairs they sat on.

"The train will be departing shortly."

An announcement echoed through the train, and the departure bell rang inside the station.

"Please be careful of the closing doors."

Just like on the bus, the doors closed on their own. Slowly, the Shinkansen begins to accelerate. Not long after leaving the station, its speed accelerates faster than the ship they have just boarded, faster than an arrow. looking out the window at the scenery flowing by at a tremendous rate, the villagers realized that the speed is beyond their common sense. The boat and car they previously used had been quite fast, but this Shinkansen was in a league of its own.