Grand Lago Kingdom, Land of the Dragonoid and Dwarves

This is the second chapter posted this month. Finally, I have over 200 bookmark registrations! I had no idea that so many people had registered my novel to their lists. Thank you very much.

Please continued to support this novel in the future.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 16, 1738

Grand Lago Kingdom, Port City Elkara

About an hour after departing from the Foreign Affairs Bureau, Falco had arrived at the port city of Elkara, located on the west side of the Grand Lago Island. This is an area that has been undergoing major development over the past few years in order to gain a foothold on the huge continent that was originally said to have been discovered by the Spernino Kingdom seven years ago, and is home to many important facilities of the kingdom, including many start-up companies and a naval arsenal.

The state-of-the-art warship Quartz, built with the best of the Grand Lago Kingdom's technology, is docked here, and there are also automobile factories, technical laboratories, and, on a smaller scale, a dragon knight base. The reason why the dragon knights are so small is that most of their forces are intended for use against the Yetisk Empire, a powerful nation in the east.

As he descended the hill into Elkara, he looked out over the great ocean in the distance. In the middle of it, he saw what looked like a white dot. At that point, he guessed that the dot-like object was the ship on which the Japanese envoy had come. At least, from the size of the ship, it appeared to be larger than the warships they owned.

"I wonder what kind of people they are..."

He headed for the harbor, half in anticipation and half in horror. He was told that the Dragon Knight Kitoun had already made contact with them, but he would have to see for himself what they were like. After another 20 minutes, he arrived at a stop near the harbor pier.

"Thank you. Stay right where you are," he thanked the driver and started walking toward the pier.

In the days when ships-of-the-line were the norm, wooden piers were the staple of harbors, but as shipping technology developed, large piers made of earth and stone became the norm in this country. One part of such a pier was built deep enough to allow a huge transport ship, which had been completed in the kingdom just a short time ago, to dock there. From the top of the pier, he checked with binoculars that the ship was anchored about 150 meters offshore.

"It's real. It looks exactly like our ironclad... and it's bigger and its shape looks more advanced. But why the warship is so white? It's going to stand out and be a target if it's that white..."

He turned around when he felt a gaze. There stood Ainz, a dragonoid male and leader of the Dragon Knights. Falco is said to be slender and tall for a dwarf, but even taking that into account, he is large. He is at least two meters tall.

"Well, well, well, Knight Commander Ainz."

"Hello, Mr. Falco. The envoy from the country of Japan is said to be on his way from that ship."

"That's right. Thank you for the guidance."

Falco returned with a salute. Then, a bellowing sound was heard.

"W-what's that?"

Falco squinted as he looked and saw the slender ship approaching them.

"So fast... much faster than our country's ships of the same size."

"Yes. I think so too."

The two of them broke out in a cold sweat when they saw the ship's structure, its speed that was far from their norm, and its advanced shape. The ship pulled up alongside the pier in a very smooth motion.