Elmeris Kingdom

This will be the first chapter this month.

Because of my work schedule, I am now busy, so the days when I can post may change. With that being said, I'm sure there will be more sudden postings, but thank you for your patience.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 13 Month 5 Year 380 World Calendar

Southeast of the World (Australia)

Warrior Commander of the Elmeris Kingdom: Delity

The place that Japan calls Australia is called the "World" by the locals.

This "World" is divided into two nations. One is the Barbarassa Empire, a nation of lizardmen who can control giant dragons, and the other is the Elmeris Kingdom, which was composed of other races.

Originally, they were one nation, but after the lizardmen obtained the technique to control the fearsome dragon (dinosaur), the nation was split into two and they have been fighting ever since. However, the Elmerian army, which fights by utilizing the characteristics of their races, is powerless in the face of the overwhelming Empire's army that uses dragons.

If they were on the defensive, they could be driven back by the defensive walls built by the dwarven engineers and the arrows of the elves and dark elves, but Delity, a dark elf who happened to be the leader of the Elmerian Warrior Corps on a visit to a remote area, ran into Barbarassan soldiers who had crossed the border to scout the region. She and her men returned fire, but the 'hobgoblin dragons (Deinonychus),' which were moving about, were difficult to hit with arrows. Centaurs could fight with their hind legs, but other people (natives of Australia) were easily preyed on by the dragon's overwhelming strength when it approached them.

However, the medium-sized 'ogre dragon (Allosaurus)' is almost impervious to arrows. A trebuchet at the defense base can hurl rocks at them, but since they are surprisingly mobile, one can only hope for a lucky shot. In addition, the lizardmen were accompanied by a large number of dragons.

No longer including her as the captain, only 10 people managed to escape, including five centaur women who were carrying them and Delity who was riding on top of them.

"Hang in there, Maire!! We've got to get away somehow!!"

The centaur, who was called Maire, replied with a wheezing breath. She had also discarded her weapons and even removed her leather armor to make herself lighter.

"B-but, Captain... I've been r-running for nearly a quarter (30 minutes) at nearly full speed! I-I'm... at my limit!!"

Centaurs are demi-humans whose lower body is like a horse's, but when they run at full speed, they normally do not last more than 10 minutes. They waste energy because of the extra wind resistance of a humanoid upper body on an equine lower body. In addition, they were carrying a person, so even if it ran at full speed, it would not be able to run very fast.

On the other hand, the hobgoblin dragon is a hunter with excellent endurance. It can run for more than half a minute with a lizardman soldier on it. Moreover, it is not running at full speed, but at cruising speed, which is close to that of a centaur. The ogre dragons are also large, so each step is big enough to catch up with the centaurs at cruising speed.

The centaurs of the World can accelerate to a cruising speed of 15 km/h when carrying a person, and to 30 km/h at full speed, but the full speed is not originally meant to last that long. Therefore, all five centaurs were already out of breath. They just keep running because they wanted neither to be eaten nor killed.