It Will Be Sunny and Then It Will Rain Blood

This is this month's post.

Finally, we are in a head-on collision with the Yi Empire's army. Let's see what happens...

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 30, 2032

Japan, Tokyo, Ichigaya, Ministry of Defense Reconnaissance Satellite Management Department

That day, Kenji Onizawa, an operator checking images sent from a reconnaissance satellite, was surprised to see the scene spread out in the picture.

"Whoa, hey, look at this!!"

He had grown up from a goblin tribe that originally lived in the Americas, and in just 10 years or so had developed a brilliant mind and had easily mastered the modern electronic equipment of the mainland. He suddenly shouted so loudly that his colleagues and seniors gathered around him one after another.

"What's wrong?"

"It's a picture of Reconnaissance Satellite 21!!"

What he scrolled and picked up was an image of the 21st recon satellite launched by Japan. The image showed the border between the Yi Empire and the Waspaniat Kingdom, and the base on the Yi Empire's side.

As a side note, Japan has already launched a total of 24 reconnaissance and GPS satellites, and plans to launch 26 more. Some people have suggested that this is too many, since 30 satellites would be enough on a global scale. However, Japan has decided to launch a total of 50 satellites because they are important for the detailed deployment of GPS. The satellite images to protect Japan were a sight unimaginable to the modern human senses.

"What the heck is this!?"

"Even if you subtract the number of people in the vehicles from the total, it's still over 100.000!! This is crazy!!"

Furthermore, what was shown in the images that followed was a tremendous number of troops that had apparently set out from various bases in the Yi Empire and joined forces at a base near the southern border. At the very least, it was a huge military force that no country except the United States, the Soviet Union, and a few countries such as China would have been able to achieve since World War II. This overwhelming number alone was a considerable threat. Moreover, all of them seemed to be in automobiles.

Considering that the level of civilization in the Yi Empire is comparable to the Taishō era, it is no exaggeration to say that the industrial and technological capabilities of vehicles were one step ahead of the rest of the world. In fact, it would be fair to say that they had reached the level they were at the start of the Pacific War. It is closer to Germany than to Japan at that time, though.

The Panzer II and 38.t lookalikes, both of which have been mentioned frequently in the past, have also been confirmed in large numbers. Perhaps the composition is such that the Panzer II-lookalike is used in infantry battles, while the 38.t-lookalike is used in anti-tank battles. Perhaps because the Yi Empire holds the same territory as the old world China, it is more of a land power. There is a soil in which land technology is inevitably more easily developed than naval technology.

"Their movement speed and the number of men they have are unmatched by any army we have ever dealt with... There is no doubt... they are heading for the border base!! If we don't decide on a response soon, we will be in big trouble!!"

Those present stirred with worry. Reports were quickly sent to the Prime Minister's Office and the Joint Staff Office, and discussions began between cabinet ministers and defense officials.