Adjustments to be Made, Major Offensive Ahead

This will be this month's post.

This month, the Yi Empire may finally realize some of Japan's capabilities...

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 8, 1750

Yi Empire, Beijing, Military Headquarters

The military headquarters in the Yi Empire was chaotic.

It was reported that as many as 100.000 troops, including a state-of-the-art armored division that had been deployed to invade the Waspaniat Kingdom, had been wiped out with little notice and without a moment's thought. The reason for the report of total destruction was that the southern base, which had not yet been attacked, was safe. The base commander felt that it was strange that the frontline troops had lost contact with the base, so he deployed a reconnaissance unit.

As a result, it was discovered that the 100.000 vanguard troops had been annihilated, information that would have been impossible according to the common sense of the Yi Empire. This was not the kind of devastation that could be dealt with to some extent by a retreat, but rather a total annihilation in which not a single person remained. As a result of a detailed investigation, it was thought that those who had survived the attack had died of starvation due to the loss of supplies, or had been attacked by local wild animals or poisonous insects.

Since there was no information on the opponent's strength, the scale of deployment, or the overall capabilities of their weapons, it was unclear what kind of attack they had suffered. This made it impossible to gauge the enemy's technological and industrial capabilities, as well as the national power.

Hong Pengxian, a technical officer in the Yi Empire's military headquarters, was in the process of analyzing the reports coming in from the field, and found that there was nothing but nonsense. First of all, the report from General Hong, who had survived until the middle of the mission, about "a large number of bombs that were apparently dropped from the air," was doubtful whether it was feasible for the Yetisk Empire, let alone in the Yi Empire.

The largest bomber currently employed by the Yi Empire is a four-engine bomber that looks very similar to a Junkers G.38. It can carry a maximum of one ton of bombs, which is impossible for a single-engine plane, but according to the last information they received, they didn't see enemy planes, and moreover, there was damage that was obviously caused by bombs that were thought to have been dropped over one ton. If this is the case, the enemy's capabilities in aviation technology may be higher than imagined.

To begin with, if such a large number of bombs were dropped from the air, they would hit the ground in a more scattered state due to wind and air resistance. And in such a state, even if the bombs were densely packed, they would not be enough to annihilate the infantry all at once. The bombs used in that bombing were dropped as one up to the halfway point, and then the bomblets were broken up to be scattered toward the enemy.

"It works like a fuse-adjusted shell, but... is it has a far greater range of effect than that? A weapon like this... wait... didn't our country have a similar weapon? The Muzi cannon?"

He turned to a document on ancient weapons, and sure enough, there was a description of a weapon called the "Muzi cannon" or literally, "Mother and Child cannon."

This weapon fired a shell and then burst it over the enemy, and could be called the runner of today's shrapnel shells. So it is close in point of view, but unfortunately, it is not correct.

"No, if it is artillery shelling, there must be signs of it coming from somewhere. It is more than 30 kilometers to the base that the Japanese have built... our country, and even the Yetisk Empire, with the exception of ship and fortress artillery, would be incapable of that kind of bombardment."