Crazy Descent

This is the second chapter this month.

It has been more than two weeks since the state of emergency was declared. More than 1.000 people are still infected every day.

Please be careful.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 15, 1744

Halidom of Ganeshade, Self-Defense Forces Kalkatak Garrison Base

It is dawn, when the sky has not yet brightened.

The 1st Airborne Brigade, the pride of the Ground Self-Defense Force, was dressed in special equipment for this one time only, waiting for the flight to begin. Douji, the group leader, looked at his watch and checked his transmission.

"Instruction! As you have heard, Ichigaya and the Prime Minister had ordered the 1st Airborne Brigade to launch an airborne operation!! Not only the lives of Deputy Foreign Minister Hayami and his secretary who were killed in the Sindhvan Community, but also the future of Japan, which seeks to avenge the deaths of envoys of other countries and find a new path to peace, depends on this operation!!"

The members tensed as they listened to Douji's yelling.

"As we faced the operation together as the paratroopers, who are recognized by ourselves and others as the most elite of the Self-Defense Forces, there is not a trace of anxiety in our hearts!! Boldly, but delicately, and in the fastest, shortest, straightest and most direct line! I hope you will do your best to live up to the wings on your chests, and I give you this instruction!!"

"SIR, YES, SIR!!"

After the speech, the C-2 transport flew away into the sky where the night would soon be over with the roar of its turbofan engines. The SDF officers at the base and the Francescan Knights of the Sea of Trees saluted them and sent them off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 15, 1744

Halidom of Ganeshade, 150 km southeast of the Holy City Kanjai

An RQ-2 Vulture belonging to the JASDF reconnaissance unit was flying ahead of them in the skies over Kanjai, and was conducting a reconnaissance of the skies above. It would soon reach the estimated return time, and the aircraft would have to return to be replaced by another recon plane.

"Confirmation of friendly aircraft signal. It's the second Vulture."

The AI installed in the rear seat analyzed the signal of the aircraft on the radar and made a decision. This AI is Japan's state-of-the-art equipment, capable not only of taking photos of the ground, but also of identifying friend and foe and communicating with the headquarters.

"We can go home at last... Copy. Report back to base."

"Affirmative. Reporting back to base."

For some reason, by the way, its shape resembled the blue and white support robots that appear in certain movies about wars in space.

Why is that? One is because the top-mounted dome rotates so that it can see the entire angles, which is rational. And the second... it's because the ATLA personnel were joking around (read: out of control).

This is probably the display of the quintessential Japanese side...

Anyway.

The second plane that flew in contacted them.