Japan Prepares for the Future, and Accelerating Movements

Hello, Kazuhiro Kasami here.

I am writing from Hiroshima. It's not so much what happened, but I came here on a trip. I decided to post from where I was traveling. But man, laptop is heavy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 12, 2023

Japan

Five years had already passed since Japan moved to this parallel Earth. The development of the Americas has progressed reasonably smoothly, and several large port cities have now been built along the eastern coast. A management company that handles large-scale agriculture has already been established to manage farmland throughout the continent, employing continental natives and others in usable portions to manage wheat, soybeans, and other production lands. Fisheries-related earnings and employment rates have also increased dramatically, especially as most of the species living near the water have joined, which is a big boon to the fishing industry.

In addition, airports have already begun to be built throughout the continent. These were not originally intended for civilian use, but were prioritized for transporting goods for pioneering. However, the construction of the airports has allowed for smooth business trips to all parts of the continent, and both the private sector and the airlines, which have seen a large increase in the number of passengers, have expressed their delight.

Highway and rail networks connecting various parts of the continent are gradually becoming more widespread, and construction has already begun on a network that will start in the eastern part of the continent and extend from the northern part of the continent to South America. Since there are already many places in the eastern part of the continent where elevated railroads and highways are available, the network is spreading like ants expanding their nests.

Of course, the area is also home to many dinosaurs, huge vermin of unimaginable size when they were on earth, and the Self-Defense Forces are on high alert during construction work in various areas. This has caused the GSDF to be constantly deployed in a vermin extermination posture, and they have become a bit overworked.

By the way, scholars who have studied this dinosaur creature have found that the meat of herbivorous dinosaurs is similar to that of chicken, and that some species are edible. The carnivorous dinosaurs have a slight odor, and depending on how they are cooked, they can be eaten, but not as much as one would prefer. However, it seems to have ignited the spirit of some chefs (and entertainers), who started research with enthusiasm, saying, "Even the peculiar carnivorous dinosaurs can be tasty!" and some people even started researching with such enthusiasm that a TV station began supporting the project as "Grilled Dino" in a TV program. As a result of such research, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) is now leading a study to see if it is possible to domesticate some of the herbivorous dinosaurs. Incidentally, this matter has attracted considerable attention, with asset owners promoting investment and the mass media reporting on the progress of the research, and the public as a whole.

In addition, the shipbuilding industry has greatly increased its workforce and is now beginning to manufacture supertankers and other types of vessels. This was a kind of forward-looking investment by companies looking to the future to facilitate the export of large quantities of goods not only around the continent but also after contact with the civilizations they would eventually have.

Furthermore, since they are under pressure to expand their defense capabilities, companies involved in weapons-related fields have also greatly increased their staffs, and currently, at the Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is planning to build a super-dreadnought battleship, and the Japan Steel Works has begun research on a 46 cm gun to be mounted on it.