You Can't Always Escape a Budget, But It's Professional to Deal with It

This is the second chapter this month.

Finally, the Haguro was commissioned. This brings the total number of Aegis ships in Japan to eight. I hope they will do their best in the defense of Japan.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 20, 2028

Japan, Tokyo, Prime Minister's Office

At the Prime Minister's Office in Tokyo, a meeting of cabinet ministers was underway to discuss the postwar handling of the Halidom. Even if one wants to hold a world conference, the reality is that there is nothing that can be done without first dealing with the Halidom's postwar situation domestically.

The ministers were desperate, as Japan had hoped to have the agenda for the Halidom finalized by the end of this year and the world conference held by the spring of the next year. Above all, the situation was that once this was over, they might be able to spend the New Year's vacation with their families for the first time in a long time.

It was understandable that they were desperate.

"Well then, what measures do you intend to take regarding the Halidom's future?"

The Foreign Minister stood up at the Interior Minister's question and operated his tablet.

"Fortunately, the situation inside the Halidom is already calming down, partly because of Hembu-san's tremendous influence. There has been no uprising, and many of them have simply vowed not to attack people in the future."

As one would expect from people who are genetically engineered to obey their leader, everyone seemed to have been brought in line by the High Priestess.

Hembu's excuse was that she had no problem with this because it was based on a logical explanation (that they were defeated by Japan on merit, and that by having them add the setting that there was an error in religious teachings, the aim was to promote exchanges with other countries, increase the marriage rate, and transform the country into an agricultural nation with peaceful families), but for a democratic country like Japan, this is quite unsettling.

Nevertheless, if this will pacify the Halidom of Ganeshade, it will give Japan even more trading partners.

"The power of religious authority and the DNA imprint, I fear. So, what are the demands for reparations from our country and others?"

"Yes. Other nations said to just process and share what Japan has seized. I guess all countries are aware that the Halidom has no money and that even if they seize something, it is inferior to Japan's processed goods. They have come to the conclusion that if that is the case, they should have Japan seize a larger amount and share in the products made from the processed goods."

Or rather, it seemed that the Grand Lago Kingdom came up with the idea and it was shared among the countries (Republic of Francesca, Divine Kingdom of Anubisius, Spernino-Italicia coalition, and Sindhvan Community), and this was already reported to Japan via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

"I don't know if I'd call it shrewd or what... I'd hate to see that left up to our country... By the way, this includes the Neutrine Empire, right?"

In the documents presented by the Foreign Minister, the name of the Neutrine Empire is also included.

"Yes. Fortunately, the raid was carried out after the peace was officially signed with Neutrine, so they can also claim the right to compensation. Or rather, if they don't, they won't be able to procure weapons from us."