Prologue

As the first century of the Targaryen dynasty came to a close, the health of the Old King, Jaehaerys, was failing. In those days, House Targaryen stood at the height of its strength with 10 adult dragons under its yoke. No power in the world could stand against it. King Jaehaerys reigned over nearly 60 years of peace and prosperity. But tragedy had claimed both his sons, leaving his succession in doubt. So, in the year 101, the Old King called a Great Council to choose an heir. Over a thousand lords made the journey to Harrenhal. Fourteen succession claims were heard but only two were truly considered: Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, the King's eldest descendant, and her younger cousin, Prince Viserys Targaryen, the King's eldest male descendant.

Rhaenys, a woman, would not inherit the Iron Throne. The lords instead chose Viserys. Jaehaerys called the Great Council to prevent a war being fought over his succession. For he knew the cold truth. The only thing that could tear down the House of the Dragon... was itself.

It was raining hard, a man wearing a cloak was seen walking the noisy and full of life streets of Flea Bottom. Turning towards the left, he continued walking until the noise died down. He was visiting a friend, a long-time friend of his. This friend of his was one of the loyal knights who fought with him during the wars he encountered. Thus, a friendship between them was formed not until this man decided to retire and gave all the attention to his family.

They both still have a strong relationship, sending letters frequently with each other. So, he decided to visit him. His eyebrows furrowed as he was about to knock and noticed the door was ajar. He silently opened the door, letting himself inside, his hand on his dagger readying himself for any possible danger. As he entered the house, his eyes widened, everything was in chaos. The chairs and table turned upside down, torn pieces of papers on the ground, and the two lifeless bodies lay on the ground, drenching in their own pool of blood.

He immediately recognizes those bodies, it was Dante and his wife, Rose, their throat was slit and stab wounds all over their bodies. He pushed down his hood revealing his silver-blonde hair. Grief instantly clouded him, seeing his friend was brutally murdered. Upon noticing the missing body of their daughter, Elaena, the name Daemon gave himself, he immediately searched the entire house but miserably failed. Until a small sound coming from underneath the bodies he heard.

A whimper from a small child, Daemon quickly moved, slowly and carefully removed the bodies. A thin carpet soaked with blood was there and he yanked it with enough force. There, Daemon saw a wooden door with a metal latch. Pulling it open, Daemon was welcomed with dark brown eyes looking at him with fear, her small body was shaking as she lifted her shaking hands holding a valyrian steel dagger, gifted by Daemon to Dante as a sign of their friendship.

Daemon looked at her and froze, he kneeled down and lifted both his arms to let her know that he meant no harm to her.

"I'm a friend of your father, little one." He said, looking her in the eyes, "I'm not going to hurt you." He added.

The child, still looking at him, slowly lowered the dagger with her body still shaking. Daemon nodded and reached out his hand. The child stared at his hand for a few seconds before cautiously accepting it. Daemon carefully lifted her up, letting her stand in front of him.

"Elaena." He muttered, earning her attention.

"Where's my mother and father?" She asked, her voice was shaking as she was about to look around Daemon gently pulled her closer to him, preventing her from turning around, he wouldn't want him to see their bodies afraid that she would be traumatized.

"Do you remember me?" He asked, the child shook her head, "Dada?" He asked once more, the child looked at him and slowly nodded her head.

"Right, it's me Dada. For now, your mother and father have somewhere to go and asked if I can take care of you for a while." Daemon muttered, "Would you go with me until they come back?" He asked.

Elaena nodded her head, "Come on. Don't be afraid." He stated, Daemon opened his hand and she placed the dagger to his hand.

Daemon gave her a smile, "We should go now." He mumbled and lifted her up, carrying her in his arms as he quietly left the house.

After that night, Daemon considered Elaena as his daughter. He taught her everything he knew, how to wield a sword, how to fight, how to defend herself, even how to speak High Valyrian, and more. Wherever Daemon would go Elaena was there with him. And as years passed by, Elaena grew up into an alluring young woman with her sculpted figure which was a twine-thin, her waist was tapered and she had an olive complexion, a pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping eyelashes, a set of enticing dark brown eyes, her delicate ears framed a button nose, and long silky black hair that was able to arouse desire to every men and even women, countless men tried to woo her only ending up dead as Daemon grew to be very fond and protective of her. Elaena didn't mind it at all and even laughed as he considered Daemon her second father.

As she grew up with Daemon, she acquired his personality as well and became what people called her as The Rogue Princess. Like Daemon, Elaena was hard to control and wasn't one to play by the rules. Though Elaena had no dragon, Caraxes was also very fond and protective of her just like his rider, and was the only one who can ride him aside Daemon.